In talks with us, Bristol Rovers and Crewe.

Out of contract and 24, so no fee would be needed.

He's been at Aldershot all his career I think so not sure if he would fancy a move North...

11 goals last season? not for me hopefully we are setting out sights a little higher.

10 goals (6 in FA cup) against League 2 or higher opposition (his other 2 goals came in the Cup against Hendon) in 33 games is not a bad strike rate.

Middlesborough, Hull and Derby were linked, in the Daily Fail, to be interested. I'm undecided but LDJ has earned my trust.

From the Aldershot fans forum:

"Where as Danny, he'll be a decent punt at League One level playing wise, if he keeps clear of Twitter and dumb verbals on the pitch then the Sky is the limit"

Possible loose cannon but potential it seems as 3 Championship teams have reportedly looked at him. He's scored 35 goals in 122 games for Aldershot in the league.

Crewe manager's words:

“He is a good size and one of those who is decent at everything. He can score goals, is reasonably mobile and is capable of playing all across the front."

Crewe fans said he was tricky when they played against him and a hold-up guy and was enthusiastic about moving North, too....

Edited by NewBlue

Thought about him a possible signing as soon as the Shots entered administration. Think he and another 11 or 12 players have actually been made redundant; so he's definitely a free signing. He scored a few cup goals the season before last on their decent run in the Carling Cup (IIRC?) and played alright in the Man Utd game for them. I think it would be a decent signing for us to build around.

Edited by slystallone

In talks with us, Bristol Rovers and Crewe.

Out of contract and 24, so no fee would be needed.

He's been at Aldershot all his career I think so not sure if he would fancy a move North...

I hear Crawley are favourites.

• 2 weeks later...