Two trialist strikers to arrive

I remember when Lee Johnson met some of the fans he said how annoying it is for a youth team player when the manager would rather bring in some Unknown Africa trialist (cannot remember which country he refered to) on the basis of word of mouth. Hopefully this player has some sort of potential. Although under Dickov i think he must have set some sort of record for number of trialists looked at.

I remember when Lee Johnson met some of the fans he said how annoying it is for a youth team player when the manager would rather bring in some Unknown Africa trialist (cannot remember which country he refered to) on the basis of word of mouth. Hopefully this player has some sort of potential. Although under Dickov i think he must have set some sort of record for number of trialists looked at.

Nice dig on Dickov there, not been enough of them on here recently.

No harm in trialists preseason, plenty of the squad to fill yet even with the youth players.

No harm in trialists preseason, plenty of the squad to fill yet even with the youth players.

Your right, we may find a gem like Sami Hypia

Note to SC - When discussing salaries with a European the figure they ask for is a NET deal not GROSS as in the UK.

Save alot of time an embarrassment if you take that onboard!!

Do you have evidence to back this statement up or is it mere anecdotal? As I have anecdotal evidence of the opposite.

Quite simply the best solution is to ask them. Think that may have been the problem last year with Rui Marquez (or whatever his name was), the people negotiating assumed they were talking gross and they weren't. As assumption is the mother of all :censored: ups, it proved to be a silly error.

Do you have evidence to back this statement up or is it mere anecdotal? As I have anecdotal evidence of the opposite.

Quite simply the best solution is to ask them. Think that may have been the problem last year with Rui Marquez (or whatever his name was), the people negotiating assumed they were talking gross and they weren't. As assumption is the mother of all :censored: ups, it proved to be a silly error.

I'm pretty sure he was called Jonny Foreigner.

Nice dig on Dickov there, not been enough of them on here recently.

To be fair not so much a dig more just making a point compared to other managers i known at Latics. Nowt against the use of trialists pre season either we got to find players somewhere.

To be fair not so much a dig more just making a point compared to other managers i known at Latics. Nowt against the use of trialists pre season either we got to find players somewhere.

Sheridan went through loanees for fun and yet he is regarded as a top manager for us in some quarters (that was loanees after having plenty of cash - for us - to supplement his squad). While LJ has said he'd like to rely less on loanees, I see that stance changing as the season goes. And then people will add that stick to other sticks, to produce a big massive whacking stick to start on him. It's just the way it goes.....

like M'Changama?

Any news what he is up to yet? Take it he is still injured?

Met him at the Colchester home game, seemed quiet lad, he is one of a very few that I was sad to see leave and we never really got his real potential out of him to :censored: management by yep you guessed it Dickov again

I work in the Oil and Gas industry and fully aware of taxation across europe and africa, so i am speaking from someone who knows...