Worrying rumour

Don't know how true this is and has come from someone who works at the club. Don't know what they do so no idea of reliability. To cut a long story short in january before the liverpool game sc could not afford to pay the players wages (as in like 18 months back) he took out a loan to pay them which was repayed after the liverpool game. Not a major worry i agree but when you find out the loan was from the story takes a twist. Vaughan! Which is where his interest apparently stems from.

Could all be bollox but seems feasible?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how true this is and has come from someone who works at the club. Don't know what they do so no idea of reliability. To cut a long story short in january before the liverpool game sc could not afford to pay the players wages (as in like 18 months back) he took out a loan to pay them which was repayed after the liverpool game. Not a major worry i agree but when you find out the loan was from the story takes a twist. Vaughan! Which is where his interest apparently stems from.

I would like to think that Corney has more trusted contacts who he could lend some money off.

Feel free to tell me to take my rose tinted spectacles off.

So you don't know who it came from? I'm assuming you don't because if you did you would know their role. And if you got it firsthand you'd have asked them what they did wouldn't you? Therefore it was passed on to you at least secondhand , am I correct?

So you don't know who it came from? I'm assuming you don't because if you did you would know their role. And if you got it firsthand you'd have asked them what they did wouldn't you? Therefore it was passed on to you at least secondhand , am I correct?

The rumour was heard 2nd hand. As i say i wouldn't even like to guess how reliable and my 1st feeling was it was a load of nonesense but after i thought about it, it did begin to make sense. Just thought i'd see if anyone else had heard it.

:censored: me. How very dare he post a rumour he's heard, 1st or 2nd hand, on an internet message board. What a total c-bomb :petesake:

Its just getting a bit tedious BTS.

I heard 3 days ago from a very good source (somebody very much connected to the club) that Vaughan is buying the club.

Its a pile of :censored: IMO and we need to forget it.

I will eat my words if it happens.

Its just getting a bit tedious BTS.

I heard 3 days ago from a very good source (somebody very much connected to the club) that Vaughan is buying the club.

Its a pile of :censored: IMO and we need to forget it.

I will eat my words if it happens.

Never said he was buying the club! This 'rumour' would also suggest there was a reason after all that vaughan had access to the books as barry said?

Never said he was buying the club! This 'rumour' would also suggest there was a reason after all that vaughan had access to the books as barry said?

I wasn't saying that mate and it's no personal dig at you.

I am just sick and tired of Vaughan threads. It's tedious!

If I was a bank manager and refused to loan a businessman a few thousand quid when he was about to earn a couple of hundred thousand in a couple of weeks. I'd be a bit worried for my job if it ever became public, it is essentially free money from the interest, over a period with a lot of holiday time. No sensible bank is going to refuse that.

Like others have said it is unlikely that a low level employee of the club knows the ins and outs of Corney's dealings.

I always wonder whether some club employees deliberately make stuff up to see how many pages it gets on here. It would certainly pass some of the boredom that can happen in any office job.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I don't recall Barry saying anyone had looked at the books I think someone made that up to add weight to their anti conspiracy theory. :laught30: