Cisak to Burnley

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without knowing all the facts everything is guesswork...there could have been an extra payment due to Cisak taking the extra year option. It all looks black and white to us but I'm sure if the club thought it beneficial to rip up the contract then i trust they have made the right decision.

There would definitely be a signing on fee of some sort due, I reckon any transfer fee would have been minimal so probably the reason why the offer was binned. Sad situation though as he'll be one helluva keeper one day. I hope Simpson justifies his hype as even if we sign a new keeper he's going to see plenty of game time I reckon. Can't remember the last time we had an ever present keeper - actually I can.......Pogs in 2003/04!

04/05 Pogs/Mildenhall

05/06 Day/Grant

06/07 Pogs/Smith/Howarth/Knight/Legzdins/Blayney

07/08 Crossley/Beresford

08/09 Crossley/Fleming/Supple

09/10 Brill/Flahavan

10/11 Brill/Amos

11/12 Cisak/Bouzanis

12/13 Cisak/Bouzanis/Jacob

Edited by oafcprozac

There's a good chance he'll be number one at burnley, they don't have one at the moment. Grant was last year and he went derby, Jensen retired. Think they signed a keeper from whitby town and possibly another average keeper. Reckon Cisak will do well there.

There's a good chance he'll be number one at burnley, they don't have one at the moment. Grant was last year and he went derby, Jensen retired. Think they signed a keeper from whitby town and possibly another average keeper. Reckon Cisak will do well there.

They have signed Tom Heaton

Signed Tom Heaton from Bristol City. Likely #1 I think.

There would definitely be a signing on fee of some sort due, I reckon any transfer fee would have been minimal so probably the reason why the offer was binned. Sad situation though as he'll be one helluva keeper one day. I hope Simpson justifies his hype as even if we sign a new keeper he's going to see plenty of game time I reckon. Can't remember the last time we had an ever present keeper - actually I can.......Pogs in 2003/04!

04/05 Pogs/Mildenhall

05/06 Day/Grant

06/07 Pogs/Smith/Howarth/Knight/Legzdins/Blayney

07/08 Crossley/Beresford

08/09 Crossley/Fleming/Supple

09/10 Brill/Flahavan

10/11 Brill/Amos

11/12 Cisak/Bouzanis

12/13 Cisak/Bouzanis/Jacob

You had me worried there, for a minute prozac.

Never in doubt, never in doubt

Cisak was the best thing since sliced bread last season. Yes, his form dipped this season and he was deservedly dropped but I think he'll turn out to be a top notch keeper, better than Bouzanis, and will go on to play at a higher level than League One.

Lo and behold, Bouzanis heads back to Oz and Cisak moves to a Championship side.

Dyche states Cisak as gone to be their number one and the BBC could only find Cisak in a Pompey shirt!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22893074

Gone to "challenge" for the number 1 spot.

They've also signed Tom Heaton from Bristol City; a Championship regular keeper for 3/4 seasons. He'll be there No1 'Keeper. Alex will be picking up splinters.

That said, again, fair play to the lad. Off to the Championship on what you would imagine will be more money.

He was a very decent L1 'Keeper; and there really wasn't much between the 2 Aussie's really.

But - if he is (which i really dont think he will be) going to 1st choice for them; I'm sticking a bit of cash on Burnley to struggle. They have lost a cracking goalie in Lee Grant; and they haven't really replaced like for like with Heaton and certainly not with Cisak.

Wow, What can you say? Seems our players stocks rising all the way to the Championship! We must be doing something right.

No doubts Cisak's still based in East Lancs and this is one hell of a move for him, Given the fact that he'll be better protected by the Clarets defence than ours he's got a very bright future I'd say.