Another one moves on

I love this man!

You had me there for a minute, thinking it was JYM or Millar, but no it's Gary McDonald, scorer of that wonder goal at Godfisob

McDonald signed for St Johnstone on 13 June 2013 after rejecting a new contract with League Two outfit Morecambe.

Amazingly In late April 2008, McDonald agreed a pre-contract agreement to sign for Aberdeen that summer

Edited by stevesidg

Not a legend. But - in terms of stand out, amazing moments i've had as a Latics fans. Mr G Mac putting the ball in the scousers net is well & truly ip there.

Not sure he's a legend; but heck - as recent efforts go; he's bloody close!!!

Edited by slystallone

The Everton goal was very special but I actually enjoyed his equaliser away at Scunthorpe the previous season more. 90th minute gold. One the great Oldham away games for me despite being a draw.

Edited by LT_SMASH

The Everton goal was very special but I actually enjoyed his equaliser away at Scunthorpe the previous season more. 90th minute gold. One the great Oldham away games for me despite being a draw.

Loved that game at Scunny. I know that ' defending like the Alamo' is said often, but that was literally like the Alamo. Some of their defenders were wearing 10 gallon hats and carrying Winchesters. I know coz I was there.

Far from a legend, although "that goal" will go on in Latics folklore forever.

Not the most gifted player, however I would settle for 11 players with Gary Macs desire week in week out.

I will never forget that final whistle moment away at Crewe when he was very emotional, I reckon he loved his time with us!

Far from a legend, although "that goal" will go on in Latics folklore forever.

Not the most gifted player, however I would settle for 11 players with Gary Macs desire week in week out.

I will never forget that final whistle moment away at Crewe when he was very emotional, I reckon he loved his time with us!

That was a great moment. But if we had 11 Gary Macs we would never touch the ball!

If only. Although to be fair if we are discussing hero's and legends and putting gmac into the equation then Robbie is too then?

I said he was far from a legend. The point I was making was that even though he is far from the most gifted player, he worked his bollocks off.

The difference is that if Simpson had the same work ethic to match his talent, he actually be a much better player.

I said he was far from a legend. The point I was making was that even though he is far from the most gifted player, he worked his bollocks off.

The difference is that if Simpson had the same work ethic to match his talent, he actually be a much better player.

We see Robbie in different lights then. I view him as a limited footballer who works very hard.