Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horse:censored:. Not how business is done. Assuming they are all about the money. Let's say they are£7m down and they could get £5m back. Would they turn down the cash to spite themselves? No. If they had scope to sell for £15m would they sell for7? No. It's not how the world works, any more than when we sign a player on loan who's had had both his his legs cut off but," they paid 250k for him, they'll want that back."

Horse:censored:? I don't believe I said they wouldn't budge. I was pointing out that their expectations would be based on the money they've put in and what they think they can recover (whether that be through a sale or by holding on to the club and hoping for another cup run or for someone to pay millions for Tarky), especially given the rumours that have surfaced a few times over the past few years of potential suitors walking away based on the asking price.

The club without the land is worth :censored: all.

Of course, if Koukash (or whoever) is willing to agree to a fixed-term lease of the ground, after which the club relocates, TTA will be able to do what they've wanted all along - make some money from the land.

The Doctor is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame in the media:

The Club’s valuation is too high.

Not as simple as making an offer as invited by SC.

BP site is too small for redevelopment for multi-use venue with substantial commercial potential.

Refuses to name larger site for Latics and Roughyeads, but it would not be outside Oldham.

Project is still at preliminary stages.

He has people who can raise the profile of the Clubs straight away.

Hopes to meet with SC in two to three weeks and has requested a meeting with the Council Leader.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/82505/koukash-latics-valuation-not-ideal

Koukash told the Chronicle the club is aware of his position — that it is overvalued.

“I value things as a business,” the Salford Red Devils owner and horse-racing magnate said. “The valuation is not ideal for what we have in mind. I know Simon Corney and the board have invited me to make a bid, but it isn’t that simple. They may have scored an own goal there.”

Is this the value of the club, the land, or both?

Edited by Mark59

Hang on, Koucash was approached by Mike Keegan, and told him he had more time now and was going to look at a deal to buy Latics and Roughyeds.

But Koukash knew the value 3 months ago, and he himself has said he is looking to bid. SC called his bluff. Clearly SC is not going to acept the first offer. And as he has not bid yet anyway.

How can it be dead in the water?

THe Council is interesting. They owe money to SC to build stadium, could Koucash be looking to "hijack" that?

Edited by singe

Guest Scratch2000uk

The club that loses money, sits on land that's worth a few bob, obviously more than Koukash wants to pay for it, hence the reasoning for relocating. Deja vu?

Discussions could get very complicated if they last at all.

As long as a retired copper and a Labour councillor don't get involved it might work out ok.

Damn.

I foresee another couple years seeking planning permission and fighting nimby's, meanwhile the Broadway rubble becomes a worldwide tourist attraction on a par with the ancient pyramids.

Edited by BP1960

Corney should push on with building the stand, it'll force Koukash to stop pissing about in the media and put his money where his mouth is.

If MK can find a good location in Oldham where Corney and OMBC failed, then fair play to him, but I can't see it happening. In theory a shared stadium for us and Roughyeds is a good idea for the whole town, but if it means we're going to have to go through an entire new stage of planning it'll set us back years.

Christ. How many ttimes have we cashed in this clause now...

Decent source tittle-tattled this relevation.

Doesn't mean it's true of course but it did tie in with what they were saying about the heat being applied to the commercial side to try and flog anything and everything.

Hang on, Koucash was approached by Mike Keegan, and told him he had more time now and was going to look at a deal to buy Latics and Roughyeds.

But Koukash knew the value 3 months ago, and he himself has said he is looking to bid. SC called his bluff. Clearly SC is not going to acept the first offer. And as he has not bid yet anyway.

How can it be dead in the water?

THe Council is interesting. They owe money to SC to build stadium, could Koucash be looking to "hijack" that?

The council promised to find Roughyeds a new home when they demolished Watesheddings. It never happened.