Think one of the keepers we are in for is Nicholls, who was on loan at Northampton Town last season...

Good shout

Is this Lee Nicholls, from Wigan, aged 20?

pleayed all 46 league games last season at Northampton

I mentioned Nichols as a target last week and was told that we are signing a permanent keeper not someone one loan

Nichols is under contract until 2014, Oxley until 2015.

Edited by BP1960

Think one of the keepers we are in for is Nicholls, who was on loan at Northampton Town last season...

With out name stealing "friends" now being in the Championship, he must be surely looking at breaking into their 1st team sqaud, rather than going out on loan for another season?

Owen Coyle will be having a clean slate in terms of assessing their sqaud, and both Al Habsi and Joel just may fancy moving on to keep at Premiership level. Other than that, there's the 41 year old GK player / coach. Nicholls stands a chance of Championship football at his parent club i'd say.

That said, he did look impressive for Northampton last season - so if true, he'd look a very decent addition on the face of it.

What I saw if Nichols he is good but we need a voice/leadership/quality at the back somewhere so maybe a more experienced head keeper would be a better suit?

I expect people will say tarky who has natural leadership qualities but I'm hoping he will be competing for a place and not an assured starter week in week out, that ain't bashing him its just and he now needs to kick on and mature which I have reservations he can do

Bit if an odd one this (if true). Oxley has only just signed a new contract at Hull so you'd guess this would be a loan deal. Given his lack of first team experience, I'm not sure that he'd be coming in as No 1, rather than to compete with Simpson for a place on the bench - in which case, would Hull want to loan him out?

As Hull City are signing Allan McGregor http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Sone-Aluko-confident-Rangers-team-mate-Allan/story-19406176-detail/story.html and they also have Eldin Jakupovic, who was No1 last season until David Stockdale came back on loan, I don't see Oxley having much of a chance at the KC. So it could be a goer.

My son, daughter and their children all live in Hull and one is a Hull City nut, so I'll see if they know anything.