What a :censored: football club Brighton are! They have just sacked Gus Poyet and BBC where first to tell him! Now how about being our number 2? That's a joke by the way!

He was :censored:ing stupid.

He told all the playing staff that he was probably going on to bigger and better things..................when there was no club lined up.

Not as good as he see's himself in my reckoning!

He was :censored:ing stupid.

He told all the playing staff that he was probably going on to bigger and better things..................when there was no club lined up.

Not as good as he see's himself in my reckoning!

He'll be a premierleague manager in the next 2 to 3 years. No doubt.

What was he suspended / investigated for? Doesn't seem a standard 'results weren't good enough' sacking.

My stepson's mate works at Brighton. Apparently Poyet had made it clear he was going to move on and contractually he would have been entitled to a decent payment.

Brighton have lined up a charge sheet of misdemeanours that many would consider petty and these have, cumulatively, led to his dismissal.

Allegedly.

Brighton tell his lawyers, his lawyers can't tell him because he had his phone switched off as he is on telly. Brighton release press statement, Poyet finds out that way.

Once Brighton told his lawyers, they will argue they had told him.

It's shi**y but not all that shi**y. It's probably going to cost Brighton some money as you can't suspend someone for a disciplinary investigation and then fire them for trumped up stuff. Poyet will be seeking legal advice and if he hasn't got a club in 90 days he can afford to take Brighton to court. Brighton will not want that, especially as it is going to mean Poyet's misdemeanours come out in the wash.

I reckon the final straw was the leaking of his email about the poo in the Palace dressing room to the papers. Brighton wanted to keep that quiet and that spoilt it.

Brighton tell his lawyers, his lawyers can't tell him because he had his phone switched off as he is on telly. Brighton release press statement, Poyet finds out that way.

It's shi**y but not all that shi**y. It's probably going to cost Brighton some money as you can't suspend someone for a disciplinary investigation and then fire them for trumped up stuff. Poyet will be seeking legal advice and if he hasn't got a club in 90 days he can afford to take Brighton to court. Brighton will not want that, especially as it is going to mean Poyet's misdemeanours come out in the wash.

I reckon the final straw was the leaking of his email about the poo in the Palace dressing room to the papers. Brighton wanted to keep that quiet and that spoilt it.

Apparently he also didn't turn up to a disciplinary hearing though he had LMA backing.

It's :censored:ty, all right. If you're going to sack someone, you do it face-to-face. Given that they didn't even tell him in person (not even over the phone) they should not have been releasing a public statement on the matter.

Don't get me wrong, Poyet's an idiot for pimping himself about like he has but there are right and wrong ways of dealing with people. Even idiots.

One of the young lads at work is friends with Will Buckley.

Asked him to ask Will what has gone on; and the jist is that the board have assembled a 'misconduct list' that borders on the most petty ever seen.

Failiure to wear a tie on a tv interview is on there, apparently it showed the club in a poir light!

They've clearly drawn it up to get him out after he so publically banded his name around for other jobs. But - i can't help thinking this will come and bite them big time. He's going to appeal. The LMA has seen the list / reasons and back Poyet. And now the way they've gone about informing him...

I know a job is a job in football, but who'd want to go into a club with a board and chairman who behave like this?