LJ looking to bring in...

We've signed a few already haven't we and are looking a more.

LJ has said that he wants 4 more and, presumably, he'll be hoping that we're not wasting time with the two trialists so they will account for a couple of them. He'd also said he'll be having a look at how we're shaping up in attack before going in for a striker (when players' demands have dropped a bit).

I'd bet we're currently in a better position than most on how the squad is coming together.

You're probably right. I just have this really weird neurotic feeling that the season is going to start tomorrow and everyone else is full to the brim with ace players. I'm craving a 'marquee / wow' signing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given we're well into July and many players contracts have ended I really can't help being very worried about how slow our squad is taking shape. It's crystal clear the budget's been slashed further given the lack of transfer action. We're into pre-season training and of the spine of the side we're missing a centre half, a goalkeeper and a main striker. I'm not totally convinced these punts on Latvian trialists etc is going to work for us.

I'm not pushing the panic button just yet but we're miles away from being a side that can comfortably hold our own, let alone have a cheeky crack towards the play-offs.

I wouldn't call 3rd of july well into july.

Given we're well into July and many players contracts have ended I really can't help being very worried about how slow our squad is taking shape. It's crystal clear the budget's been slashed further given the lack of transfer action. We're into pre-season training and of the spine of the side we're missing a centre half, a goalkeeper and a main striker. I'm not totally convinced these punts on Latvian trialists etc is going to work for us.

I'm not pushing the panic button just yet but we're miles away from being a side that can comfortably hold our own, let alone have a cheeky crack towards the play-offs.

Were we any further on in previous years? We are going through a bigger change this year with a new manager and a few players heading to the championship, but if we're going to look at players on trial, they have to play before we can do that.

I don't think we're that far away from what we'll ultimately have. One striker and one centre back to start. Maybe a couple more to fill the squad.

Really?!

Think we look well short at the moment, 2 centre halves, 2 strikers and another wide midfielder needed for me - Johnson needs to pull some rabbits out of the hats in the loan market.

Edited by deyres42

Really?!

Think we look well short at the moment, 2 centre halves, 2 strikers and another wide midfielder needed for me - Johnson needs to pull some rabbits out of the hats in the loan market.

That's what I think we'll end up with, not necessarily what I personally would like to see.

LJ has said he wants two players in every position. We have that, more or less, except for a centre back and a striker. I'd like more strength in depth but I suspect budgets may dictate whether that comes from loans, youth players or actual signings.

That's what I think we'll end up with, not necessarily what I personally would like to see.

LJ has said he wants two players in every position. We have that, more or less, except for a centre back and a striker. I'd like more strength in depth but I suspect budgets may dictate whether that comes from loans, youth players or actual signings.

Yeah, understood your point, the heavy reliance on the kids to step up concerns me.