Out of contract players.

I mentioned it during the meeting with the fans and Lee Johnson, although I am not too concerned about player activity, would this work. There are going to be lots of players without clubs in the next few days, this is a crude way but you could put an advert inviting players to attend trials BUT with the club notifying the player prior to the trials the terms of the deal. Club advertises its need for a keeper, keepers without club attends trial and bingo we pick up a keeper on our terms.. Is this a recipe for disaster, if so, I blame my wife for the idea.

Edited by Lukers1

I mentioned it during the meeting with the fans and Lee Johnson, although I am not too concerned about player activity, would this work. There are going to be lots of players without clubs in the next few days, this is a crude way but you could put an advert inviting players to attend trials BUT with the club notifying the player prior to the trials the terms of the deal. Club advertises its need for a keeper, keepers without club attends trial and bingo we pick up a keeper on our terms.. Is this a recipe for disaster, if so, I blame my wife for the idea.

Decent idea, although I fear the egos or the agents of some players may hinder this approach

Yep, only a few players will be pro-active in finding a new club. Their egos and their agent will still be telling them their answer machine will be message packed when they return from Dubai/Balearics/Bognor...... the penny only usually drops come late July for a few and then en masse come that crucial last week in August before the window closes. Then they're already playing catch-up to the tune of around a month, despite their protestations that " I trained everyday on my own, or went to such a team just to keep fit......" When in reality they were simply going through the motions, bitter at how their talents have not been recognised with a 8 year contract in the Premier League and whether they should have 'let their agent, handle it - after-all?'

Edited by oafcprozac

Yep, only a few players will be pro-active in finding a new club. Their egos and their agent will still be telling them their answer machine will be message packed when they return from Dubai/Balearics/Bognor...... the penny only usually drops come late July for a few and then en masse come that crucial last week in August before the window closes. Then they're already playing catch-up to the tune of around a month, despite their protestations that " I trained everyday on my own, or went to such a team just to keep fit......" When in reality they were simply going through the motions, bitter at how their talents have not been recognised with a 8 year contract in the Premier League and whether they should have 'let their agent, handle it - after-all?'

Your pretty much hit the nail on the head, what if we approached Glenn Hoddle to see if he has any good talent in his soccer school, ( is it in Spain)

Your pretty much hit the nail on the head, what if we approached Glenn Hoddle to see if he has any good talent in his soccer school, ( is it in Spain)

I have read and heard alot of good things about his soccer School, but in all honestly cannot name a player of my head who has been there and joined a football league side.

I have read and heard alot of good things about his soccer School, but in all honestly cannot name a player of my head who has been there and joined a football league side.

Didn't our very own Dayton spend some time at the soccer school. Sure I read it somewhere

The number of out of work players is vast. Even this has a glimpse although aware several on here fixed up. A full latics team. Beware page 8!!!! http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Some big under achievers on here, plenty of wannabees and has beens and a few never beens.

Begeesus, some good players in that list, Gary Taylor Fletcher would be add some guile but probably out of our price range.

The number of out of work players is vast. Even this has a glimpse although aware several on here fixed up. A full latics team. Beware page 8!!!! http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Some big under achievers on here, plenty of wannabees and has beens and a few never beens.

You've certainly got both ends of the spectrum with that lot. There's some scary stuff on almost every page when you see the likes of Tightarse Bramble, Rob Purdie (who's he?), Steve Kabba etc. Some decent ones in there too, but most will be out of our price range, such as Ebanks-Blake and Kevin Davies.

Brian Jensen, Lee Camp (if he stops looking stupid with his socks half way up his thighs) or Paul Rachubka anyone?

I'd love to have Nii Norty. Just for his name, not necessarily his ability.

I think Alan lee would do a great job as a target man for us won't score 20 a season but he is a better option than Kirk millar. He would be a good replacement for matt smith. He is the only player in league one to really give mvoto a torrid time. One year deal I would say.

Begeesus, some good players in that list, Gary Taylor Fletcher would be add some guile but probably out of our price range.

Why? He's bang in our price range if com August he has no firm offer of employment and he's getting rustier and out of touch by the day. The big question has to be is their hunger for playing in a side that's main goal is staying clear of the bottom four. I just hope LJ has a good eye for a player with that heart and desire.