The 2013 Ashes Thread

I was hoping it would be all over by tea.

Rooty has probably just ensured today will be the final day of this test match.

Fingers crossed we'll wrap up The Ashes at about 5.50pm on the Sunday of the Old Trafford test.

5.50 on the monday please... I've got day 5 tickets.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else going to the Old Trafford Test next week?

I'm going on saturday. Praying for decent weather.. would love to see us wrap it up 2 days early, but the Aussies have been scoring vs Sussex. I may be wrong, but I think this one will be really tight.

I'm in the temporary stand - Stand D. Looks like a massive new stand, hopefully there will be a decent atmosphere generated. Missing Stevenage away, but if the weather is good, the booze and Aussie wickets are flowing - it will be worth it.

I'm going on saturday. Praying for decent weather.. would love to see us wrap it up 2 days early, but the Aussies have been scoring vs Sussex. I may be wrong, but I think this one will be really tight.

I'm in the temporary stand - Stand D. Looks like a massive new stand, hopefully there will be a decent atmosphere generated. Missing Stevenage away, but if the weather is good, the booze and Aussie wickets are flowing - it will be worth it.

I'm there on the Sunday in "restricted view" seats.

Hoping we'll see the moment the Ashes are retained.

Massive is a strong word. It has the look of a stand on the 18th green about it more than anything!

4th day tickets. If we win it at OT will they get the urn then or after the Fifth Test?

Massive is a strong word. It has the look of a stand on the 18th green about it more than anything!

4th day tickets. If we win it at OT will they get the urn then or after the Fifth Test?

5th test I'd have thought.

Originally only had day 5 tickets, but got invited to day 4 in the VIP seats with work last week, so I'll be having that too. Which is nice.

Yes, I'm going to the 2nd Day (Friday). £65.00 upper tier tickets in stand C I think. 2nd row so will be a superb view. Went in there but nearer the back last season in the ODI (reduced to 25 overs each) and it was a stunning view high up.

However if our baby makes an appearance (due Sunday 4th) then I'll not be going anywhere.

Yes, I'm going to the 2nd Day (Friday). £65.00 upper tier tickets in stand C I think. 2nd row so will be a superb view. Went in there but nearer the back last season in the ODI (reduced to 25 overs each) and it was a stunning view high up.

However if our baby makes an appearance (due Sunday 4th) then I'll not be going anywhere.

Is it your first baby?

Finn left out.

Panesar, Tremlett and Taylor in squad.

England squad: Alastair Cook (Essex) (Capt), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Monty Panesar (Sussex), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Matt Prior (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), Chris Tremlett (Surrey), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

Er, yes. It is.

I think he'll be late.

Congratulations.

Sod's Law means your missus will go into Labour while you are at OT, as it's your first baby you don't have to rush back as quickly than later ones because first baby's have longer labours.

Incidentally, I have anecdotal evidence from my own experience that says first babies are early more than late.

Edited by rudemedic

Congratulations.

Sod's Law means your missus will go into Labour while you are at OT, as it's your first baby you don't have to rush back as quickly than later ones because first baby's have longer labours.

Incidentally, I have anecdotal evidence from my own experience that says first babies are early more than late.

May I suggest you rush back very quickly if your missus goes into labour?!

Congratulations.

Cheers. Yes, most things tend to deal in sods law currency with me. I'm pretty much accepting she'll be in labour late on Thursday evening.

May I suggest you rush back very quickly if your missus goes into labour?!

What he said!

Congratulations.

Come now, we both know that anecdotal evidence isn't worth :censored:!

What he said!

Come now, we both know that anecdotal evidence isn't worth :censored:!

It's worth more than no evidence, my google chi might have been off but I couldn't find any proper evidence to back up the statement that first babies are usually late. Aside from the fact that only 4% of babies are born on their Estimated Due Date, but anyone with a decent grasp of Maths could probably tell you that being born on one day is a lot less likely than being born in the weeks either side of that day.

Finn left out.

Panesar, Tremlett and Taylor in squad.

England squad: Alastair Cook (Essex) (Capt), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Monty Panesar (Sussex), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Matt Prior (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), Chris Tremlett (Surrey), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

Tremlett is an absolute beast. Went to the Lords test against Sri Lanka a couple of years ago, and he was fielding in the boundary near us. He's not just tall, hes built as well. I would not want to be batting if he was bowling.