LJ Targets some Turkey talent

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/81109/sowing-the-seeds but not till the eve of the season. Manchester United’s goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, Nottingham Forest centre-back Jamaal Lascelles and Middlesbrough striker Luke Williams all appear to be prime candidates.

With risk of sounding like a gimp, Lascelles is very good on Football Manager...

With risk of sounding like a gimp, Lascelles is very good on Football Manager...

Just text my Notts Forest ST holding mate for a verdict, he watches a few reserve games and has his ear to the ground, his club wise.

I'll update on what he says when he replies...

It may be that the more experienced players are more confident about finding a deal so will leave it until much nearer the start of the season. Doesn't help the likes of us with gelling a team together early.

It may be that the more experienced players are more confident about finding a deal so will leave it until much nearer the start of the season. Doesn't help the likes of us with gelling a team together early.

Possibly, think Dayton might end up being the 'marquee' signing though and that Johnson, perhaps due to his own age and inexperience, is looking at younger players because he feels he's got more chance of moulding them into the way he wants the team set up etc.

LDJ has discovered that some some good players play for England under 20s..... No wonder we trust so much in him

Not quite.

He's identified that some good players play for England under 20s and feels that we would have a chance of getting them on loan.

Big difference.

Also, text came in 10 mins or so from my Notts Forest supporting mate.

I'll type it as I got it from him (bit long like)

"Hmmmm, interesting. I was actually hoping he'd be pushing for our 1st team season, especially with Ward going to Bournemouth. He's really highly rated here - by me, and by BD and the coaches. We (allegedly) turned down a bid from Arsenal for him last summer - it was rising to 5 million supposedly, and instead tied him down to a new long terms contract. He's big, strong, quick and decent enough on the ball. All the attributes really. Struggled with injuries though, especially last season, and it's slowed his progress I guess. He's playing for England U20's in Turkey, so check him out on Eurosport yourself pal. If you do get him on loan, it will be without doubt the best bit of business you will do (no disespect, it's just he's that good IMO)"

So there you go - from a Forest ST holder. Glowing praise.

Do we have a real chance of getting him I wonder?