Frank Exchange with Simon Corney

That is why the criticism gets posted communications are an issue at BP whatever an opinion people have.

But Hallam, he does get criticised when he speaks too.

I think that is sometimes the Chron/MEN reporting can be sensationalist.

Perhaps the best way is via free Latics world interview, then there is less room for "interpretation".

Perhaps the best way is via free Latics world interview, then there is less room for "interpretation".

Doesn't he do an interview with Gord every 6/12 months or so and it gets put online?

Doesn't he do an interview with Gord every 6/12 months or so and it gets put online?

There should be a monthly update on things with either Simon or Barry i reckon, allowing more transparency with what is happening at board room level and also allowing their views/plans/ideas to be easily seen by fans.

It would get the fans talking, create more of a relationship between the board members and the fans in order to create and sustain a more loyal backing that has faith and trust of the existing owners and directors of Oldham Athletic.

Simon Corney will always have critics, everybody in a position of power does, but attempts like this can be made to silence and win back support of some of his biggest critics.

I find their reports to be quite straightforward, read the direct quotes and note who they are made by, treat the rest as speculative. On the other hand we spend a huge amount of time on here debating rumours which some people believe all too readily.

It's also worth saying that at times it is worth the club 'playing the game' and keeping things to themselves. I know we all want to know what the budget is but do we want other clubs and players to know when it comes to negotiating. How many have had a go about SC for not ploughing the Cup money back in but I think it was PD who said that other clubs thought we were rich after the Liverpool game.

Perhaps certain info is aimed at other people than the fans and perhaps SC is better at playing poker than some on here.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

There should be a monthly update on things with either Simon or Barry i reckon, allowing more transparency with what is happening at board room level and also allowing their views/plans/ideas to be easily seen by fans

Why?

If there's something to tell that they want us to know they tell us.

I find their reports to be quite straightforward, read the direct quotes and note who they are made by, treat the rest as speculative. On the other hand we spend a huge amount of time on here debating rumours which some people believe all too readily.

It's also worth saying that at times it is worth the club 'playing the game' and keeping things to themselves. I know we all want to know what the budget is but do we want other clubs and players to know when it comes to negotiating. How many have had a go about SC for not ploughing the Cup money back in but I think it was PD who said that other clubs thought we were rich after the Liverpool game.

Perhaps certain info is aimed at other people than the fans and perhaps SC is better at playing poker than some on here.

Don't get me wrong, I think they both do a great job, and really appreciate their input eg twitter. On the whole I do think they are very responsible and are high quality.

My point was that occaisonally, it seems that if SC says something, it is practically front page news, out of all proportion to what was said.

Perhaps the Koukash thing is a little fresh in the memory. #

But I do agree with the point that some posters on OWTB are far more senstationlist, as will always be the case.

Don't get me wrong, I think they both do a great job, and really appreciate their input eg twitter. On the whole I do think they are very responsible and are high quality.

My point was that occaisonally, it seems that if SC says something, it is practically front page news, out of all proportion to what was said.

Perhaps the Koukash thing is a little fresh in the memory. #

But I do agree with the point that some posters on OWTB are far more senstationlist, as will always be the case.

Yup cannot disagree with that.

Thats bollocks he was planning on moving us to salford, not having that.

Will you ask him how much money is made from the hundreds of cars parked on the car parks every day, and from the driving school? I've always wondered that.

Great chairman SC. Runs a steady ship, we cant really ask for more from him.

Keeping an eye on you lolololololo

Barry

Barry, I have nothing against you mate and for me you take a lot of unwarranted grief on here.

However, we have got more from Prozac regarding Koukash and other matters, than we have from you.

You are supposed to be the fans reprasentative on the board, so could you please start keeping us up to speed with what is happening please?