Anton Rodgers and Leigh Sports Stadium

Heard tonight at the game that Brendan Rodgers (his dad, who was at the game) has said to us look after my son and I'll look after Latics, whether thtat's in loan players I don't really know at this moment.

I thought he was very busy in the 1st half and did everything on a simple basis (which sometimes you don't notice) and then broke up Dinamo's attacks, which of course a midfielder should be able to do, we should certainly have another look at him again.

There we're lots of Romanian press following Dinamo and I mean lots, when the 1st half players came up and sat in the stand for the 2nd half the press singled out Anton Rodgers and he had about 4x interviews with different Romanian press commentators, not sure what was said as their English was certainly a lot better than my Romanian. Great goal from Charlie McDonald, looked good on and off the ball, Mark Halsey (referee) was very petty at times and some of their players we're certainly kicking 3x lots of sh*t out of our lads.

What agreat ground that was and if we can get a new stand like their main one I'll be suitably impressed with it, quality finish, really nice seating (padded) and good leg room. Nice bar down stairs and seperate bar/club outside, very impressed.

Ian G.

I would rather us put out the best team we can than a weak link in the middle just to get a couple of loan players in from the scousers. If he is decent he deserves a place in the team on merit not because his dad has promised us a player or two.

I didnt go tonight so cant comment on his performance. But a couple of reports ive seen on facebook didnt think highly of him?

Heard tonight at the game that Brendan Rodgers (his dad, who was at the game) has said to us look after my son and I'll look after Latics, whether thtat's in loan players I don't really know at this moment.

Sounds like some sort of bribe haha! Where have you heard this?!

I didnt go tonight so cant comment on his performance. But a couple of reports ive seen on facebook didnt think highly of him?

For me he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game! Resorted to fouling players that just ran past him, was alright on the ball but nothing special. Just your bog standard midfielder and nowhere near as good as what we have now in Wes and Korey (I'm not saying them two are really good I'm just saying they're both a lot better than Rodgers)

Best thing about tonight got a photo with Baxter !!! Although heard a roumer Baxter to Blackpool for 400 grand

Ince is off, they need a new playmaker...

As for Rodgers, wasn't he involved in that Brighton case where 4/5 were accused of rape? Pretty sure they found he didn't do it mind, but fairly sure he was involved.

i thought Rodgers was decent personally, i was surprised to see everyone's reaction to him on here. I thought there was a few neat passes in there and he has a decent touch on him. A few crap tackles, granted, but he is only 20.

And it is only the first game after 1 weeks pre season

The Chron site says

"only two trialists are still in with a chance of contracts as Latics head off to a pre-season boot camp."

From what I saw on friday - The keeper and the Latvian?

The full back (dao?) didn't do much wrong though and his passion near the end when he didn't get the throw in, is what I want to see.

-EDIT - Its the Latvian and Rodgers

Edited by pukka

Do we need another CM though? Yes, ideal world you'd have squads of 30+ and a huge player pool.

Be we don't have that option.

We have Wes, Smith, Mellor, Winchester, Gossett. Dayton, Millar and Baxter can also go in there in emergancies.

Do we really need another 20 year old midfelder in the mix as well? Not too sure myself?

CB wise; absolutely; we're short in that area still so i understand the continued interest in the Latvian. But another CM? Hmmm; not for me.

Do we need another CM though? Yes, ideal world you'd have squads of 30+ and a huge player pool.

Be we don't have that option.

We have Wes, Smith, Mellor, Winchester, Gossett. Dayton, Millar and Baxter can also go in there in emergancies.

Do we really need another 20 year old midfelder in the mix as well? Not too sure myself?

CB wise; absolutely; we're short in that area still so i understand the continued interest in the Latvian. But another CM? Hmmm; not for me.

Very good point but of the players you mentioned in CM, Winchester, Dayton, Millar and Baxter are seen by LDJ as being more useful elsewhere. Injuries to Brown, Schmeltz and possibly Montano too mean those 4 players are needed elsewhere.

Plus, perhaps this is a sign that LDJ wants to move the high-earning Wes on although I rate him (and I think LDJ does too) moving him on might mean more money available elsewhere if he is replaced by Rodgers. Furthermore, there was something posted on here recently that suggested signing Rodgers may give us preferential treatment in loaning Liverpool's kids, which could be seen as being quite handy by LDJ and SC.

If he cheap enough he will do for me would try him rb in the next game only because usually cm make good rb and could be good to have in the squad but let's just see how he does in the next game he could be :censored: then he gets binned or Lj may have seen somert not everyone else has seen