MEET THE MANAGER AND PLAYERS

Just a reminder about the above function at the Village Hotel on 24 July 2013. I know the manager is really keen on the event which gives the players and fans the chance to mingle and chat. Having spoken to a few of the new players they have not experienced such an event in the past and they are really looking forward to the night.

We have arranged a good buffet and a "Motown Group" will provide entertainment.

We need a good turn out on the night and I am sure that this will encourage the boys when they venture to the league games.

Get your tickets and enjoy a good night out.

Barry

Personally, I like to have a drink or 10 at these functions so in future, I'd prefer more local / if not local, weekend events. Don't think we'll be going, and we've been to every MTM event since Dickov took over.

However, I'm sure it'll be a brilliant night for those that do go. I hope it sells well.

How much for a ticket Bazza?

ps. Any chance of you answering the point I raised in the "Frank exchange with Simon Corney" thread? Only, I feel like you are avoiding us all a little at the moment.

Edited by lancy lad

Personally, I like to have a drink or 10 at these functions so in future, I'd prefer more local / if not local, weekend events. Don't think we'll be going, and we've been to every MTM event since Dickov took over.

However, I'm sure it'll be a brilliant night for those that do go. I hope it sells well.

Edited by Lukers1

£15 is too expensive could have been held in plenty of other places for half the price.

Both my kids would want to go so that's a £35 start - not happening. If you're not driving its hardly the most accessible for people either via public transport or an expensive taxi. This needs to be taken into consideration in future.

Having said that the events at the White Hart were out of the way too. When the stand is built we won't have the problem but surely venues such as Royton Band Club, Blue Club, Reform Club or such could have been considered and tbf I don't think people are too bothered about a buffet, more getting the answers out if LJ and perhaps Barry they want to hear.

Edited by oafcprozac

How much for a ticket Bazza?

ps. Any chance of you answering the point I raised in the "Frank exchange with Simon Corney" thread? Only, I feel like you are avoiding us all a little at the moment.

Now you see me, now you don't.

I assume the grub will be good and it does appear to be a meet all the players event which differentiates it from other events. Throw in a band and £15 isn't that bad. It's just more than you'd pay for pie and mash type grub that other events have offered. But a lot less than the end of season awards night.

An event worth supporting.

Easy for me to say. It's the last day of Mrs o4u's Springsteen season so I'll be in Leeds. Those tickets are £250 a pop on Viagogo!

Not moaning as working anyway. Just feels a random choice

They're one of the club's sponsors. Edited by opinions4u

£15 is too expensive could have been held in plenty of other places for half the price.

Both my kids would want to go so that's a £35 start - not happening. If you're not driving its hardly the most accessible for people either via public transport or an expensive taxi. This needs to be taken into consideration in future.

Having said that the events at the White Hart were out of the way too. When the stand is built we won't have the problem but surely venues such as Royton Band Club, Blue Club, Reform Club or such could have been considered and tbf I don't think people are too bothered about a buffet, more getting the answers out if LJ and perhaps Barry they want to hear.

Easy for me to say. It's the last day of Mrs o4u's Springsteen season so I'll be in Leeds. Those tickets are £250 a pop on Viagogo!

Easy for me too. It's my birthday and the T20 against the Yorkies at OT. Edited by jsslatic

Some defence here. The food at the awards night at the village was certainly the best at any awards I've been too in the past. Still think £15 is too much for 'A night with' function. Maybe not in terms of venue and food but in terms of what it is.

Sorry I am late coming back to you. Take your point Lags but orginally it was going to be a dinner at £30-35.

We wanted to try and be a little more up market than the £7 Playhouse night and thought a good compromise was a decent buffet and entertainment at the £15 tag.

I appreciate it aint easy for many and if it does not prove to be succcessful we will have to go back to the Playhouse type of function.

Hope you can still make it though all of you.

Barry