• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Snodin was class, especially when he was utilised in the Sammer role.

Since Jobbo, the classiest defender we have had is Hall, Greegs was pure brawn but Hall should have gone further in the game than he has. Injuries and perhaps too much to soon have seen him stagnate and become something of a Championship journeyman.

Gregan pure brawn? He didn't :censored: about with the ball but he had more talent in his feet than most forwards we've had

Last week LJ said he had half a hand shake with a club to bring someone in on loan. Meaning he said, "barring injuries or the player being transferred he would be signing 21st/22nd.". After the game on Saturday when he was asked if he was bringing in another couple of players he said "In an ideal world yes, but it's not an ideal world". Maybe he hasn't enough left in his budget after holding back money for Rooney.

I thought Mellor did a good job on Saturday, but lets see how he copes against Huddersfield. If he can handle their strikers, then my doubts over the CB positions are partly resolved. There are still doubts over Tarky for me.

Hall should have gone further in the game than he has. Injuries and perhaps too much to soon have seen him stagnate and become something of a Championship journeyman.

Bit harsh, Apart from Watford where he is now he has played in the Premiership for most of his career

I wouldn't say most, if you look on a game for game basis he's made more appearances in the championship than the Prem as Wigan (25) and Palace (36) apart he didn't play many games at Southampton (11) & QPR (16) so at best he's played 90 games in the Prem out of 270 league appearances.

Prem

Southampton, Palace, Wigan, Newcastle, QPR

Champ

Palace, Newcastle, QPR. Watford

I wouldn't say most, if you look on a game for game basis he's made more appearances in the championship than the Prem as Wigan (25) and Palace (36) apart he didn't play many games at Southampton (11) & QPR (16) so at best he's played 90 games in the Prem out of 270 league appearances.

Prem

Southampton, Palace, Wigan, Newcastle, QPR

Champ

Palace, Newcastle, QPR. Watford

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument!

10 minutes into his debut at Hudds I was convinced he'd emulate Earl Barrett.

As for Tarky if he keeps those big old deformed, mutant plates of meat firmly planted, Knuckles down, learns his craft and strives to improve - he's got a very good future ahead of him…..

Edited by oafcprozac

10 minutes into his debut at Hudds I was convinced he'd emulate Earl Barrett.

As for Tarky if he keeps those big old deformed, mutant plates of meat firmly planted, Knuckles down, learns his craft and strives to improve - he's got a very good future ahead of him..

A very good Non-League future ahead of him...