Jonson Clarke-Harris

There's no way I'm expecting a consistent run of form from JCH. He might be quick and strong but to expect him to be reliable and mentally mature enough at 18/19 years old is unrealistic.

Credit to Johnson for bringing in MacDonald alongside him though as he could be a great foil for him, as Rooney would be if he signs.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this has been posted but what a goal!

His two goals the other day were exceptional. Pace, power, direction and blockbusting shots into the side of the net - exact replicas. Definitely no fluke, need to nurture this kid as he's a helluva talent.

His two goals the other day were exceptional. Pace, power, direction and blockbusting shots into the side of the net - exact replicas. Definitely no fluke, need to nurture this kid as he's a helluva talent.

Ah yes, you meant two goals for the Reserves.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

This reminds me of the Ryan Brooke hype, give the lad 10 games (at least) before we pile expectations on him.

CTFY

If he produces to level some think he will, it's a bonus. He has obviously been signed as someone for the future, but unlike others he has shown that he can produce some good performances now. He is only 19, it would be natural for him to not be all that consistent at that age, piling too heavy expectations on him now may do him and the club more harm than good.

There's a list of young Latics players as long as my arm that were going to be this and going to be that. Often we have thrown them into a poor side and ruined them before they've been given time to develop and flourish.

As BP1960 is well aware there is far more than raw talent involved in the production of top class footballer. There is no doubt JCH is a talent, but he's 19, give the lad a chance before we "build the team around him" like people we calling for during the summer after Brooke scored a goal against Wallsall.

I like the look of JCH, but people are saying he could be the divisions top scorer. He has only scored 2 this pre season, both against a burnley reserve side. He doesn't look like a poacher to me either. He looks like he is youe "work the channels" front man. Do someone elses running. Like what people believed Heskey could do (just without being as soft)

He hit a shot on the turn from the edge of the box against Accy that their 'keeper did well to beat out.

It was the sort of instinctive reaction that strikers either have, or they don't.

He followed that up with a cynical shove to a defender's back.

If managed well he'll score 15+ this season in my opinion.

I like the look of JCH, but people are saying he could be the divisions top scorer. He has only scored 2 this pre season, both against a burnley reserve side. He doesn't look like a poacher to me either. He looks like he is youe "work the channels" front man. Do someone elses running. Like what people believed Heskey could do (just without being as soft)

4 in 12 for a :censored:, sinking Bury side

He hit a shot on the turn from the edge of the box against Accy that their 'keeper did well to beat out.

It was the sort of instinctive reaction that strikers either have, or they don't.

He followed that up with a cynical shove to a defender's back.

If managed well he'll score 15+ this season in my opinion.

This is what I'm interested in. Smith only became good once he realised that he needed to do this. Can't get to the ball because the defender is in your way? What defender, you're 6 foot odd, occupy the space he's currently in and make damn sure you win that ball.
Good defenders push, pull, nip, tug, kick, obstruct and foul forwards game in, game out. Good forwards push, pull, nip, tug, kick and obstruct defenders game in, game out. It is a man's game out there, no room for Mr Nice Guy or for film star looks. They are being paid to score or stop others score. If you have to break your nose to do either then it gets broken, that's what those juicy wages are for. Worried that your broken nose will keep the ladies away? That's what those juicy wages are for. Short career, you can either spend it playing half measures at a dump like BP or go full pelt and get signed by someone who will stuff your wallet with more money than can dream of and give you a shot at a medal.
We've been too nice a side over the last few years, I want to hear opposition manager's complaining that we only won as we bullied their side, proper 70's Leed's stuff. If the away fans aren't booing when Mellor and Smith (K) get the ball or when JCH goes on a run then we might as just clap their team off the pitch with the three points in their hand. Under Dowie we did this and it got us to the play-offs, yes we had a good squad but there were no half measures from that team.

Were they not scored in 2 games? So 0 in 10 and 4 in 2?

And I don't want this misconstrued as me having a pop at him. He looked good vs Dimano and reports are he is carrying that on. I'm just wary of expecting too much from someone about to play their first full season.

My boss is a Bury fan, his goals for them did come in a couple of games, he was annoyed when we signed him as he wanted him at Gigg Lane. He seems a good prospect but whether he realises his potential is down to him and the coaching staff at BP.

2 goals and 2 pens won when rounding the keeper