The Referee

I thought the referee was a bag of toss tonight. Got almost every decision wrong, mostly in our favour.

How he didn't give a pen when Oxley pole-axed their striker I will never know, and Tarkowski caught Martin for the penalty shout which resulted in Martin getting booked...

I thought the referee was a bag of toss tonight. Got almost every decision wrong, mostly in our favour.

How he didn't give a pen when Oxley pole-axed their striker I will never know, and Tarkowski caught Martin for the penalty shout which resulted in Martin getting booked...

Couldn't agree more, he got loads wrong, mainly in our favour though.

I would say that we cottoned on to his crapness quicker than they did though, which makes a massive change.

Thought he did ok to be honest. Oxley went down that early the forward had ages to jump over him but just tripped himself up on him and the ref was right next to Martin who went down expecting contact that never came. As for Clark harris, booking waitiing to happen. You can't barge people after the ball has gone

Edited by astottie

The ref set his stall out not to give an easy pen early doors, once he had then he had to be consistant. For me the telling thing regarding the Martin booking, none of his team mates rallied to his defence. Dive for me. Oxley's pole axe, yeah seen them given 80% of the time. Oxley was surprised, that for me is also the telling factor.

JCH is a walking booking, every game he's plays unless he cuts out the off the ball / after the ball stuff.

And I say that as a big fan of JCH.

And of players who mix it up.

But he has to be cuter with his nasty stuff rather than the obvious fouling after the ball has gone.

Edited by slystallone

And was brought down when he would have made it onto the end of it! As clear cut penalty as you will see at BP this season

Explain why his team mates never complained bitterly to the ref in Martins defence? baffling. Or why Tarky give him a few words.

Explain why his team mates never complained bitterly to the ref in Martins defence? baffling. Or why Tarky give him a few words.

Unless you mean the Oxley one....pen for me that one. Given they are usually blown for.

Unless you mean the Oxley one....pen for me that one. Given they are usually blown for.

That was the one I meant! The Martin one would have been a penalty if he didnt scream and go down to easily, there was contact however small.

• 2 months later...