Latics 0-1 Walsall: Post match reaction

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O4U , 4312 isn't gonna work with 2 out and out wingers, it would leave smith totally outnumbered .

We need to get wes or Rogers in alongside smith, with Jose off Rooney or jch .

Call it 442, 4411 , 4231 , it's all much of a muchness really, it's down to each player doing there job .

what about a 41212 with smith playing in the defensive midfield and baxter in the centre attacking midfield? orrrrr even dropping brown and playing smith rb with Rodgers in CDM leaving smith to bomb Down the right hand side putting good crosses in to the box. We have options so why not try some out ?

what about a 41212 with smith playing in the defensive midfield and baxter in the centre attacking midfield? orrrrr even dropping brown and playing smith rb with Rodgers in CDM leaving smith to bomb Down the right hand side putting good crosses in to the box. We have options so why not try some out ?

Please don't try and play Smith at RB, midfield is not good enough for him not to be in it.

Please don't try and play Smith at RB, midfield is not good enough for him not to be in it.

just a suggestion but in my opinion brown doesn't offer enough going forward he falls over the ball and can't cross can't wait to see Winchester have a go at rb

We were garbage, Walsall weren't nowt special either.

Bad day at the office, let's hope there aren't many more like it.

I thought Walsall were decent actually, a very professional away performance. I hope we learn as much from their display as ours.

It's going to take time. Johnson clearly has an ideology in mind and that kind of style doesn't develop overnight, especially at this level. For once, Latics fans need to show some patience. Some of the responses to today's display have been pretty odd, it really wasn't that bad. Patience.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Eyres i see what you see but it's too early yet they will be up there so that's where we want to be at

Honestly, they will finish nearer the bottom than the top.

Not knocking anybody and all for giving the manager and squad time, no point pretending that was anything other than rubbish today though.

We lose a game and some of you have written us off FICKLE !! There is a reason why i prefer away games because at home games there is far to many moaners!!

You don't pay to see your team win just to watch them.

Didn't go today was working but wil back the lads at Peterborough next week!

not fickle bud we was wank today no effot what so ever,so dont pipe up sayin aint bin today we did an we was :censored:e!!!!!

Home games are far too depressing...too many people too quick to moan at the first misplaced pass and then let that set the tone for their attitude for the rest of the game. We have so many negative fans at BP it's ridiculous. No chance of teams coming here fearing us while it's like this.

I've begun to hate home games for this reason. Away games are so much more enjoyable and I can't wait for next week!

I think with home games - you're expected to win or at least perform well. That's with any sport. It's disappointing when we don't win or perform. I think it's natural to express disappointment when your team loses. Home or away. It's one of the things that make you a passionate fan/supporter.

2 1 win to us ? no mate if we had nicked a draw it would of been harsh on them

Yeah it would of been harsh on Walsall who worked well as a unit, but despite us not playing well we could easily of got a win if the ref did his job and Schmeltz had a bit more composure. Plus Tarky had one cleared away after beating the keeper with a header

not fickle bud we was wank today no effot what so ever,so dont pipe up sayin aint bin today we did an we was :censored:e!!!!!

Another over-reaction. We underperformed yes, but we weren't wank. There's been a lot worse football and effort at BP in the last couple of years than yesterdays game

I agree with that, especially the "express disappointment when your team loses" comment. But our fans never seem to wait til then. I had a fair few sat around me today that were stupidly negative, made me wonder why they even bothered going in the first place.

I agree with that, especially the "express disappointment when your team loses" comment. But our fans never seem to wait til then. I had a fair few sat around me today that were stupidly negative, made me wonder why they even bothered going in the first place.

...then again there are people that are only happy when they're sad/mad about something....

Also.....forums are made for this type of interaction I guess.

Edited by GoalDigger

Unfortunately the moaners outshout the positive fans because, yet again, the fans who try to create a positive atmosphere at BP are made to sit down and shut up.

It was a morgue today after the RRE singers were silenced, Walsall fans were very loud and the only sound from the home ends were grumbles and negative comments.

I'm with some fans in saying that the kids in the RRE can be embarrassing sometimes, but today they were creating a decent atmosphere in the first half when they were cut out.

We probably think that a good atmosphere makes more of a positive difference than it actually does however it's pretty sad that our own fans are made to be silent. Anything to eclipse the sound of persistent negativity and moaning that helps nobody...

Edited by NewBlue

We lose a game and some of you have written us off FICKLE !! There is a reason why i prefer away games because at home games there is far to many moaners!!

You don't pay to see your team win just to watch them.

Didn't go today was working but wil back the lads at Peterborough next week!

Most of the extras that turned up today probably won't take that option up for a bit now..

I'm not questioning the players desire, I'm not questioning the management, I'm not even questioning the player's talent, it's just so depressing that we've slipped to the classic OAFC default 1-0 home defeat so early on in the season, after last week was so promising.

Meh...

Edited by JoeP

People are being a bit harsh on Byrne here, yes he made a couple of mistakes but he's come back from an injury at the end of last season with little pre-season games under his belt. Add to the fact he's getting on a bit now and never been that quick it was always like he would make a few mistakes & be off the pace of the game and he will be until he's got a run of games in the first team.

Don't think we was as bad as people are making out today, if we had got the penalty in first half & Sidney had showed a bit more composure then it was a 2-1 win for us. Baxter needs to be played future forward, against P'boro it should be Smith and Rodgers in CM with Baxter further forward with Rooney up top. Schmeltz should be right wing with Montano on left. Dayton kept looking to come inside onto his left which was easy enough for Walsall's left back to deal with.

He might not have had the best game but I'd say we looked more organised at the back when he came on, yes they countered a couple of times but that's when we were basically 3 at the back.