Starting XI

You've got to try things.

Might be a revelation that get's balls across to Rooney and might be able to bag :censored:loads. Might be a pile of :censored:e.

Experiment with the team while we're early on.

Not for me...........he's nowhere near quick enough.........we need the wingers to get rapidly down to the goal line and try and cross the ball accurately before the penalty box gets busy. Where Baxter is most dangerous is changing the play around in the final third.

Like others have said, Baxter behind Rooney with Rodgers coming in to be in CM with Korey Smith.

I would of gone with 4-4-2 Baxter and Rooney up top but thinking about it this will be a tough game so 4-4-1-1 might be better, with Baxter dropping into midfield at times IF NEED BE.

He should be able to create for Rooney and bring the wingers into it, forcing them to push more forward when we are attacking/on the counter.

Oxley

Brown

Tarky

New CB

Grounds

Mellor (if fit, Rodgers if not)

Smith

Dayton

Baxter

Sidney

Rooney

My view - time to drop the idea of playing with two wingers and bolster the midfield. Front six of

Rooney & McDonald

Dayton, Baxter, Smith, Rodgers

This was one of my options earlier and the one I'm leaning more too but with Sid instead of Deayton. I think a front two with Baxter behind and Sid swapping wings all knowing the defensive job is covered with Smith and Rodgers gives us better attacking options.

My view - time to drop the idea of playing with two wingers and bolster the midfield. Front six of

Rooney & McDonald

Dayton, Baxter, Smith, Rodgers

Time to drop wingers and play 1 winger and Rodgers on the right? Doesn't make sense?

If your guna drop wingers you would go with wes, mellor and smith in the middle with 3 strikers?