No keeper on the bench

Coventry have just released a goalkeeper.

I can see us signing a full pro backup.

No discredit to Luke Simpson, who I've rated when I've seen, but he needs some games under his belt and he won't get that warming the bench.

Edit: a pro backup would also give us a bit of stability should Oxley be recalled for whatever reason.

Edited by blueatheart

season long loans cannot be recalled

Goalkeepers can be recalled at anytime and any player can during January.

53.2.2 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.3 below).

53.2.3 A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) on completion of his Loaning Club's League Matches will not be eligible to play for his Parent Club (where it is a Member Club) in any remaining League Matches in that Season notwithstanding the fact that such expiry or termination occurs during a Transfer Window.

53.2.4 Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 53.2.2, a Standard Loan of a goalkeeper (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause exercisable at any time. Any recall may only be implemented in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of the Executive, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in the Executive's absolute discretion. A goalkeeper shall not be permitted to resume any Standard Loan following the exercise of a recall.

Edit: link: http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#52

Edited by blueatheart

Sorry my bad

I'm afraid use of that phrase justifies assassination.

Mimms is like 50. It would be funny though!

Mods, Can we have a "12 year old American girls" forum, where grown men can like type in the manner a 12 year old American girl totally speaks and make their "bads"?