Latics 3-1 Vale: Post match reaction thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed you didn't see fit to start a new thread to announce your exit.

For a teacher, you're not exactly thick-skinned, are you?

Stevie...leave it out we all know who run this site and are mates. Kick one and you all limp, it's boring.

Stevie...leave it out we all know who run this site and are mates. Kick one and you all limp, it's boring.

Not at all, Lags. It's a messageboard, nothing more. The martyr-style exit is pathetic, whatever the reason. If anyone doesn't want to post here, fair play to them but no need for the toys out the pram post. And, to cap it, Prozac's telling people to lighten up in this very thread! He's a big contributor to the site and, to be honest, I'd rather he stuck around. It's just the manner of his leaving post that grates on me.

Not at all, Lags. It's a messageboard, nothing more. The martyr-style exit is pathetic, whatever the reason. If anyone doesn't want to post here, fair play to them but no need for the toys out the pram post. And, to cap it, Prozac's telling people to lighten up in this very thread! He's a big contributor to the site and, to be honest, I'd rather he stuck around. It's just the manner of his leaving post that grates on me.

Flounce.

Putting that way Stevie in the first place would have got you that point across hands down. Fair play for explaining yourself in a proper manner.

i'm sure it's been mentioned but that Mills chap had a storming second half.

absolute dross until their right wing changed sides, we would have lost if he hadn.t . only when he had nobody to mark did he do o.k. we have 2 midgits for full backs and we will be punished for it by forwards dropping on them for centres, not to often i hope,

absolute dross until their right wing changed sides, we would have lost if he hadn.t . only when he had nobody to mark did he do o.k. we have 2 midgits for full backs and we will be punished for it by forwards dropping on them for centres, not to often i hope,

Right winger. Midgets. Too...

Guest Scratch2000uk

Thank you

Howevet I don't think I'll take my keyboard home in outrage at your criticism.

Oh, i'm glad of that. I thought you might be one of those sensitive types who get depressed when a fellow latics fan has a pop. good for you.

Mimms certainly needs to work with the Ox. That's all am saying.........

In the Chron:

Oxley revealed the detail which goes into preparing for spot-kicks, with Hughes’ penalty technique analysed on video in consultation with Athletic goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/82070/homework-pays-off-as-oxley-produces-vital-penalty-save

perhaps. he had a very nervy start but seemed to grow in confidence. agree, their height is not ideal but have we ever been blessed with height in these areas...esp, right back.

Never ever was it a pen, clear air between Hughes and Grounds. Hughes looking for it all the way into the box. Complete dive.

From where I was in the Chaddy I must say that when I saw it I said it was a pen. I'm sure HUghes had lost control and the ball was already rolling dead when Grounds (stupidly in my view) slid in. I may be wrong, but I saw it in a flash like the lino.

From where I was in the Chaddy I must say that when I saw it I said it was a pen. I'm sure HUghes had lost control and the ball was already rolling dead when Grounds (stupidly in my view) slid in. I may be wrong, but I saw it in a flash like the lino.

Couldn't agree more that it was a very wreckless challenge. More often than not that sort of tackle will result in conceding a penalty. With only the TV highlights to go off, it looked absolute stonewall pen to me.

agree from the camera's angle in does look like Grounds made contact. Trust me they were a good 2 foot apart. That's why all the left side of the chaddy was up on their feet, they all saw how much daylight was between Hughes and Grounds,