Tarkowski

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet despite all the good things being said on here,there were a group of pillocks at the game slagging Tarky off (very loudly and swearily) just because they didn't think he got back in defence fast enough after his excellent forward forays.

Really?

Shouldn't be surprised I suppose.

Trust me, I'm not saying all fans, I'm just saying a lot. There is many Oldham fans that are proper football fans, they're patient, stick by the team etc BUT there are a hell of a lot that moan constantly, and there's always a scapegoat for a loss. It's the most annoying thing to see! Tarky is the prime example I can see, call him :censored: and are on top of him, now look at him. All players need time and support, support them not boo them!

Happens all the time why get mad? Most people don't understand football, deal with it.

Yet despite all the good things being said on here,there were a group of pillocks at the game slagging Tarky off (very loudly and swearily) just because they didn't think he got back in defence fast enough after his excellent forward forays.

I was actually sat a few seats away from this guy, unbelievable. Why should Tarky be busting a nut to get back when we Wes has covered and we have 4v2? Couldn't even be bothered explaining it to him it was just too obvious, already had an argument with that same guy at Forest a few seasons back when he was screaming some garbage about our strikers not closing down (their fullbacks deep inside their own half at 0-0) - classic no brain.

But Ross, its peoples opinions in these instances.

I've no issues with people saying X, Y & Z are :censored:. If those players then develop / improve and those same people are balanced enough to change their previous opinions, what's the issue?

If the players don't improve, their opinions of them being :censored: still stand right?

I can't find many on this thread who are still saying steadfastly that Tarky is :censored:, nor can a quick scroll of the posters show that many who are as your describe claiming to rated him all along? Those saying they have always rated him (me included in that group) and still rate him have always said that as far as i can see; and those who have previously said he's crap have come out and eaten a tiny bit of humble pie (lee Sinnott for example)

Not sure there's actually that much bandwagon jumping here actually?

I'm more aiming at matchdays, away games in the pubs etc, what annoys me with SOME Oldham fans is how quick they are to say someone is :censored: not necessarily whole heatedly saying he's :censored: and then possibly changing their opinion.

Tarkowski was a prime example of this, the amount of people I've heard say that he was completely awful, release him etc in his FIRST season of professional football is ridiculous, the them same Oldham fans who I've spoken to act like they've never said such a thing and love the lad.

Of course someone can say that a player has been :censored: over the course of a season, like (Matt Smith) and then change their opinion for last season like I did (because it was a shock to everyone) but in Matt Smiths first season there were people going mental, instead of giving him time.

There's players in this team that I can already see some of our fans again giving unjustified stick - Rooney, Dayton etc. And it's just so annoying, we all need to be supporting them if we want to get anywhere!

Tarky needed to cut out the switch off mistakes to turn into a decent League One centre back.

In addition he's improved his pace, his reading of the game, his ability to turn away from trouble, his passing and he's added a threat as a goal scorer too.

He has become a very, very good footballer.

I disagree, he's regressed to the very, very good footballer he was before Dickov and friends coached it out of him.

Edited by HarryBosch

Gliding majestically across the turf, turning his man this way and that after intercepting the ball, pinging 40 yard precision passes & scoring goals.

Blimey, it was a epic swindle that they committed then, turning the Moston Maldini into a carthouse.

They should be up on a FA charge, or better still a war crime tribunal for what they done to our Jim.

Blimey, it was a epic swindle that they committed then, turning the Moston Maldini into a carthouse.

They should be up on a FA charge, or better still a war crime tribunal for what they done to our Jim.

It is the New Moston Beckenbauer. The bearded one is Maldini.

Now I know Harry McGuire has had a decent couple of seasons, but I've just seen United are chasing him and he's rated at 4m.

If Tarky keeps this up for the rest of the season, as far as I can see the only thing McGuire has over him is consistency at the moment, what do people think his serious value should be. Tarky is far stronger running it out, a much better passer of the ball and has scored a fair few goals, as well as defending brilliantly so far.

Not that I want him sold and obviously he has to keep his performance levels up but it's hard not to get excited by what we've seen so far this season.

Now I know Harry McGuire has had a decent couple of seasons, but I've just seen United are chasing him and he's rated at 4m.

If Tarky keeps this up for the rest of the season, as far as I can see the only thing McGuire has over him is consistency at the moment, what do people think his serious value should be. Tarky is far stronger running it out, a much better passer of the ball and has scored a fair few goals, as well as defending brilliantly so far.

Not that I want him sold and obviously he has to keep his performance levels up but it's hard not to get excited by what we've seen so far this season.

By analysing the fees we have received for players we've sold in my fifteen years watching Latics I have developed a formula for this very question.

Take your perceived value of the player in question, multiply it by 3, add £500k, then divide it by 13 and take a wild guess. I'm buggered if I see the logic.

Gliding majestically across the turf, turning his man this way and that after intercepting the ball, pinging 40 yard precision passes & scoring goals.

letting COG roll him with ease and tap the ball in the net. I have said all along he will get better when his game management picks up with experience. He was prone to an error or lapse of concentration every week when he first came in, but he finally seems to have picked his game up and has been solid this year. He will still make mistakes, they just wont be as frequent.

His other attributes of playing out from the back have never been in question, its defensive mistakes and lack of pace hes needed to work on. And it finally looks as though he has done. He will be a big player for us this season.