lost 4 out of 6 games

Christ I know, Wes' tackle :censored: me, Davies was going away from goal, just guide him out! Was no need for it. Frustrating

Wes has taken a lot of stick for that tackle (deservedly, to some extent) but I've seen no mention of the brain fart of a high foot by Schmeltz to concede the free-kick for the first goal.

Wes has taken a lot of stick for that tackle (deservedly, to some extent) but I've seen no mention of the brain fart of a high foot by Schmeltz to concede the free-kick for the first goal.

He seemed to be quite a bit from fans around me, I was moaning about it on twitter yesterday. STUPID tackle to make, but again, that's outside the area and would have been a comfortable save was it not for the deflection, if Smeltz had done that tackle in the box there would be on hell of a backlash.

My point really is that the final ball from open play isn't up to it at the minute. If the dead balls are, that means we can deliver it... is it the movement of the forwards that is't up to it at the moment?

I want to see a midfielder run past the forwards too, we lack that.

Loads to work on and it looks as though I'm being harsh. I don't mean to be. It's frustrating as we are close.

@Harry - no I'm not. I am pleased with 90% of it. I have an opinion that it was good with lots to work with and some bits to work on. I say "if we score early I'm convinced we would have bettered tranmere and maybe preston" - is that me saying something negative?

I thought it was a good performance, but not the one you seem to. I'd love to know where I've said it was ":censored:".

You haven't.

Where did I say you have?

"You seem determined to convince us (or yourself) that we were in fact :censored: on Monday."

I would say that sentence seems to suggest, I am accusing Monday's performance of being :censored:.

Edited by pukka

Aye, but wasn't it because of that good work that we didn't get the final touch? To me, that's creating chances, but I take your point.

I dont know if hitting it towards the keepers hands and hoping hes a bit dodgy is creating a chance. Maybe at Sunday league level

The Lee Johnson factor is a big reason why more people aren't spending time pondering the sad four-losses-out-of-six fact.

I was a massive Dickov fan, even after he was sacked. Once bitten...

The Lee Johnson factor...it is good to see that the majority are giving him time - with the Capital One cup and JPT games that makes 8 competitive games played.

And whereas the results have been patchy, the performances by and large have been promising.

I would hope to see a more settled team and formation over the next few games - give Philliskirk and Rooney the two striker roles, Let Mills go back to Burnley and give Kusungu a chance to build a central defensive partnership with Tarko. Grounds back to left back and Lanzoni continuing at right back.

The only doubt is the other midfield role - Wes is not the man (imho) and we should be looking at Rogers or Mellor.

Although i agree mills is a good solid player i would prefer us to bed our own players in early IF they are good enough. So i agree with tbe kusunga comment. Tbh i. Not worried about results at this stage of tbe season its obvious we are going abiut things the right way and it will come together eventually. If it still hasnt clicked by oct/nov then i may start having reservations but it doesnt become a battle against relegation until well after new year.

Im willing to give this team the chance to grow and develop they are all on decent length contracts so its all about next year. Im not bothered about our league position this year as long as we are stronger and ready for a decent promotion push next season

Although i agree mills is a good solid player i would prefer us to bed our own players in early IF they are good enough. So i agree with tbe kusunga comment. Tbh i. Not worried about results at this stage of tbe season its obvious we are going abiut things the right way and it will come together eventually. If it still hasnt clicked by oct/nov then i may start having reservations but it doesnt become a battle against relegation until well after new year.

Im willing to give this team the chance to grow and develop they are all on decent length contracts so its all about next year. Im not bothered about our league position this year as long as we are stronger and ready for a decent promotion push next season

I think Mills looks a top notch player going off Monday night. I'd be busting a gut to get a season long loan fixed up if I were LJ.

I think Mills looks a top notch player going off Monday night. I'd be busting a gut to get a season long loan fixed up if I were LJ.

He stuck out for me in the Tranmere game too. I'd give my left bollock, my two dogs, my job, my legs and arms to get him on a long term loan.

Sadly, I think he will move to a Championship side. Staggered he doesn't catch at Burnley. So much better than some loan :censored:e we've had in recent years...