Turning The Tide

Trust me, our results are about to turn round. Hey, we'll even keep a clean sheet one of these days!!

If you're starting to get down with the amount of goals going in the wrong end, don't. LJ is very thorough and is going to be very successful with us!

Prediction for next weeks match vs Crewe = 4-1 home win.

Keep believing!!

I think the key now is to have a stable starting 11. We've had so many different defensive and attacking combinations how can we form settled partnerships?

Injuries have prevented us from that continuity, but we're due a bit of luck and the defence looks especially quality on paper when we can get them all together.

We'll need to judge them when we have our strongest first team out which could be next week if Tarky and Dayton return by then.

I remain positive from what I've seen though.

Don't see Groundsy as CB not good on his right foot at all, Kusunga played really well so him and Tarky should build a good partnership as for midfield I'd go with Rusnack and obviously Smith, Weso and Mellor had their chance and cocked it up. Clarke Harris has to start next game, Rooney for me isent doing enough

With Weso in the team we dominated PNE for 90 mins, 80%+ possession, for 30 mins against Rotherham today we struggled to get hold of or keep the ball with Mellor on instead. When Wes came on, even with 10 men we suddenly started passing it and creating space for our wingers to run at their full backs. On these 2 games, Wes has earnt his place in the team. Mellor was a complete failure as an experiment today (maybe with more games he could find his feet), that coupled with the loss of Tarky's ever steady presence at the back and composure on the ball really cost us.

Kusunga looks like he'll head a kitchen sink but he didn't have me too convinced in possession (very M'Voto-esque on both counts) - i'd stick with Grounds and Tarky when both are fit but he looks a very capable defender to bring in when we need him.

Still no panic from me. As long as we play the right way at this stage of the season the results will come. All we miss is luck both infrontof goal and with the officials. Both things we missed today. I still say noone has dominated us with only rotherham and walsall matching us.

Exactly what leyland latic said, with Mellor in (fair enough he's not played 1st team since his i jury) but we were playing awful and kept getting overrun in midfield... with wes in ive never seen so dominant statistics, wesolowski works his socks off in midfield, wins every tackle he can and also looks for the ball all the time (even if he does pass it sideways too much)