Announcement: Trust Oldham Fraud Case

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to the people referred to in this thread, I can officially confirm that neither Gillian Nuttall or Grace Nuttall, an employee at the club, are connected to this incident or any enquires apppertaining to it.

Regards

Barry

Thank you also Barry, apologies if I am the only one who thought this could be the case. Did not mean to cause undue alarm.

Trust Oldham can now make comment on this situation and may I first thank the courtesy shown by posters within this thread on ensuring comments did not cause any subjudacy issues !

A statement from Trust Oldham

I am aware that the former Finance Director of Trust Oldham, Mike Nuttall appeared at the Oldham Magistrates Court during the morning of Tuesday, 1 October 2013.He had been suspended from the Trust pending enquires by ourselves and the Police.

He was represented and pleaded guilty to six counts affecting money taken from the accounts of Trust Oldham. This amounted to £2400.00

The cases was adjourned for reports and listed for hearing and sentence on 23 October 2013 at the Manchester Magistrates Court.

Fans and members of Trust Oldham should be aware that all matters of finance have now been completed and properly audited.

It will be necessary to make application to the court for the return on the monies stolen.

I have every confidence in my fellow Directors on the Trust but appreciate that it may take time to restore any confidence that members have in the Trust.

I would only add that Trust Directors work long and hard hours in their efforts for the club but on this occasion were badly let down by someone they held trust in.

In finishing I would add that it was through investigations by ourselves that these matters came to light.
cleardot.gif
Barry Owen
Chairman Trust Oldham

£2400? Hardly life-changing.

Well done to The Trust for their internal investigations.

I am assuming Trust money is nothing to do with Playershare money? Or does it account to the same thing?

Can I also just say for the record (I don't know the guy, so I am certainly not defending or condoning him)... Nobody knows the reason's why he has done this or the desperation of his situation, so please take that into account before any OTT comments are made (after all this is OWTB and people love to fish).

I am assuming Trust money is nothing to do with Playershare money? Or does it account to the same thing?

Can I also just say for the record (I don't know the guy, so I am certainly not defending or condoning him)... Nobody knows the reason's why he has done this or the desperation of his situation, so please take that into account before any OTT comments are made (after all this is OWTB and people love to fish).

That wasn't aimed at you btw excharnwood, I was just following your post.

Firstly, I wish to say thank you for being so civilised throughout this thread. I know the threat of the thread being closed looms large, but I also detect some genuine compassion.

Earlier in this thread, somebody used the word 'shameful' and that is exactly what this is. I feel deep shame for my actions and I wish, at this stage, to say sorry to the directors of Trust Oldham and to every fan who has ever contributed to, or supported the Trust. As Barry has already said, measures are now in place to stop this ever happening again, so please do not refrain from supporting the Trust in all that they do.

I cannot say anymore at this stage, as I need to report to the probation service for reports and then face sentencing on the 23rd October. Whatever sentence comes my way, I will accept and will also ensure that every penny is returned to the accounts of Trust Oldham. I will write more, at my first available opportunity , after the 23rd October.

I began supporting Oldham Athletic back in 1983, in fact, the thirtieth anniversary of my first visit to Boundary Park has recently passed. Tougher than any sentence that any magistrate could ever hand down to me is the thought that I cannot return to support the team that I continue to love.

Sincere apologies,

Mike Nuttall

Fair play Mike. Whatever the pressure's you faced to do this I hope the future improves. You've not murdered anyone but lost face and trust. Has you've said that will be far worse than your sentence. only time and actions will regain trust in you that you once held. It's funny how to be trusted is unmeasurable once it's been lost. I am sure in time you'll take your place back inside the ground and I for one look forward to you doing so.

To any who gloat, beware because many on here as in most walks of life have sailed close to the wind in the eyes of the law, but just never got caught!