Preston v Latics JPT pre-match thread

Realistic chance of winning it or not*, it's :censored:. It might as well be called the Cup For No-Hopers: A Reminder of Just How :censored: You Are. Not very snappy, granted.

*To my knowledge we've never won it - how are we gauging realism? Cos we've got further in the League Cup and to the same stage - twice - in the FA Cup; competitions we're supposed to have a less 'realistic' chance of winning.

We didn't achieve that feat when playing in the third division.

Very true. But even so, those cups are open to the biggest and the best. I'll be honest, I'm very tired, and I'm trying not to let facts get in the way of my distaste for the :censored: Cup based, in part, on a bit of snobbery.

Very true. But even so, those cups are open to the biggest and the best. I'll be honest, I'm very tired, and I'm trying not to let facts get in the way of my distaste for the :censored: Cup based, in part, on a bit of snobbery.

What they need to do is give the winners a place in the 3rd round of the FA Cup or something like that.

Until then it's the only cup that doesn't lead anywhere else and is, therefore, pointless to me.

Don't worry, you haven't :)

Don't worry, you haven't :)

I know. That's why I posted it.

:)

What they need to do is give the winners a place in the 3rd round of the FA Cup or something like that.

Until then it's the only cup that doesn't lead anywhere else and is, therefore, pointless to me.

Clubs at this level would not want to miss out on revenue for rounds one and two though ?

Clubs at this level would not want to miss out on revenue for rounds one and two though ?

Then the winning club should be allowed to put the place up for auction to the highest bidder and play in the first and second rounds.

Double-bubble.