Johnstone's Paints Trophy - disband it or keep it?

JPT   

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the JPT continue or be disbanded?

• Disband it
    • Keep it

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that's different to now how...?

Is suppose it's no different for some, although I watched a Freight Rover (or whatever it was called) game at Rochdale in the 80's with 700 others. Similar fixture over the last few years has seen the attendances go up to around 2000.

Scrap it.

Clubs playing at home lose money until the regional final where the clubs can then make a bit. The final is definitely worth it with the TV money.

Players get injured, sent off or booked and are not available for the much more important league games.

Extra games are not welcome at the worst time of the year.

The only advantage is that players not getting regular football, or youngsters, get a chance of a game.

I have to agree with some of the Preston Comments - Massive Club,Tin pot cup, 9 changes, Reserve Team, Latics at FULL strength, League matters more................... On an unrelated issue does anyone know a good Hotel near Wembley?? :shakeit:

Clearly?

Yes. In a thread about the JPT, this comment:

I like how its cheap though and it got us on tv recently so I don't hate it like I used to.

is quite clearly about a televised game in the JPT.

If he'd said "it got us on TV a month ago" I could understand the confusion. But he didn't.

Yes. In a thread about the JPT, this comment:

is quite clearly about a televised game in the JPT.

If he'd said "it got us on TV a month ago" I could understand the confusion. But he didn't.

Or if he'd said "it got us on TV", without using the word "recently" it would've been as clear as transparent paint.

Latics at full strength? - but they forget changes made since Saturday's squad due to international call ups, or resting players , or injury. Lanzoni. McDonald, Oxley,Winchester, Millar.

And your reason for downboating this, Scouselatic?

Edited by LaticsPete

We've been in League One for far too long. I like the oppurtunity to get to visit some League 2 grounds, have a few beers and that. And the prospect of Wembley isn't a bad thing. Aye we might lose a few quid her and there but if we get a decent draw in the latter rounds we may well make it back. Beating Bradford was definitely one of the best moments that dreary season.

I went to my first ever JPT game on tuesday and I actually enjoyed it. OK maybe that was because of the initernational break and £4 to get in, but then the players stepped up and our fans were on song. Hope we get rochdale away and I'll probs pop along again. I wouldnt go to wembley tho, it wouldnt feel right. It would be like eating a kebab off the posh plates.