Tomorrow night's match

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Wagg has always said down the years that GMR's/BBC Radio Manchester's listening figures have always been bigger when they've covered City, rather than United. This proves that theres more 'proper' City fans, than United fans, in the Manchester and Greater Manchester area.

Well hello.

Somewhere between the jet lag, the comma and the poor sentence construction that didn't come across clearly.

I believe Man Utd supply their own radio commentary via MUTV and, other than the PL arrangements with BBC Fivelive and Talk:censored:e, nobody else can cover them.

Radio Manchester will pay Manchester City whatever the going rate is when the do live commentary outside of those national deals. Or they'll pay a smaller sum to cover Championship / Football League games instead.

OK... makes a little more sense than paying the BBC! :)

Oldham have never been the best at anything. They've always played second fiddle to Manchester and always will. Manchester's Piccadilly Radio was the best radio station in England in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Why are you pretending to be an Oldham fan, on an Oldham messageboard when you're a City fan?

Infact, I do have an idea of who you actually are, specifically past usernames on here.

Edited by sjk2008

Oldham have never been the best at anything. They've always played second fiddle to Manchester and always will. Manchester's Piccadilly Radio was the best radio station in England in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

1914/5 ? "Never" is a long time.....:)

Edited by LaticsPete

Never been a City fan. I've been a Latics fan since 1969.

Ahhh, I see.

Maybe it’s just coincidence that after recently having the misfortune of seeing drivel upon drivel leave the mouth of a recently signed up poster, singing Sven’s praises, defending the mighty Steve Eyre’s managerial spell at Rochdale, and pretty much praising everything with slightest link to Man City, that you are doing quite similar.

Apologies.

By the way – what are your thoughts on Lee Johnson?

Ahhh, I see.

Maybe its just coincidence that after recently having the misfortune of seeing drivel upon drivel leave the mouth of a recently signed up poster, singing Svens praises, defending the mighty Steve Eyres managerial spell at Rochdale, and pretty much praising everything with slightest link to Man City, that you are doing quite similar.

Apologies.

By the way what are your thoughts on Lee Johnson?

I think that Johnson is a bright and ambitious young man. He's made one or two mistakes. That's only to be expected from a young manager though. I'll be amazed if we hold onto him. I think he'll end-up at Bristol City.

Ahhh, I see.

Maybe its just coincidence that after recently having the misfortune of seeing drivel upon drivel leave the mouth of a recently signed up poster, singing Svens praises, defending the mighty Steve Eyres managerial spell at Rochdale, and pretty much praising everything with slightest link to Man City, that you are doing quite similar.

Apologies.

By the way what are your thoughts on Lee Johnson?

I've certainly not been praising Manchester City on this thread. If anything, i've been critical of the bias towards them on the local radio stations over the past 30/40 years. I think it's disgraceful.

Why?

They're not called Greater Manchester United or Greater Manchester City.

No but GMR doesn't just cover Manchester, otherwise you wouldn't be able to listen to it in Oldham. It covers the whole of Greater Manchester, and can be heard in parts of Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cheshire and Merseyside.

Manchester is a lot smaller than people realise but Greater Manchester isn't. Hence the distinction between the two.

Certainly. No problem attall. Anyway, it's about time that we had some decent coverage on GMR. I couldn't make the Carlisle home game, a week last Saturday, so instead listened to Bolton, who were the commentary match on GMR because City weren't playing until the evening. I couldn't believe the match-reporting order. When they went round the grounds, Latics were last every time to be covered. Shocking really. Bury and Rochdale were covered before us.

There is no choice. It's either local radio or PTV. What I'd usually say at this point is, if you want a different experience - go and do it yourself, but in this case I think it would infringe copyright. Generally I find that the best services given to the fans are indie products run by the fans.

No but GMR doesn't just cover Manchester, otherwise you wouldn't be able to listen to it in Oldham. It covers the whole of Greater Manchester, and can be heard in parts of Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cheshire and Merseyside.

Manchester is a lot smaller than people realise but Greater Manchester isn't. Hence the distinction between the two.

I know all that. We've got out wires crossed somehwere along the way. For a change :grin:

Jimmy Wagg has always said down the years that GMR's/BBC Radio Manchester's listening figures have always been bigger when they've covered City, rather than United. This proves that theres more 'proper' City fans, than United fans, in the Manchester and Greater Manchester area.

There is no such thing as a 'proper' City fan, they are all wrong. And evil.