Wolves Cup-tie arrangements

With Notts county in the week asking fans for £30 in 4 days is a lot, especially when its the first round of the FA cup. I'm probably gunna go to Wolves game, but if it ends up as an either/or - I'll be at the county game.

Edited by pukka

Normal prices?

Looks like we'll go out with a whimper in front of a half-full stadium then. :(

It will be at least 2/3 full if our latest 3500 turn up + the 3000 or more from Wolves..Drop to £10 and it's not possible to double the gate to get the same money in because of the stadiums capacity. Drop to £15 and we would need a full house to get the same money in, Anything less than £20 and we would lose money, and we would need to make it all ticket.

I don't understand why anyone thinks it should be any less than the price of a normal league match.

When it is a league match later this season it will probably be the biggest one in terms of attendance and the most likely to be a very good game.

Much as I welcome any discount, this isn't one to cut prices for.

If it had been Hartlepool or Biggleswade or whatever, yes. Wolves, no.

If we get more than 5,334 in at £20 we will make more money than we could possibly make selling them at £10, which is the minimum you can charge.

If we get 7,979 in at £20 we will make more money than we could possibly make at £15. But you need to consider that Wolves can only bring 4,500 maximum and so if they bring that at £20 (unlikely but I can see them bringing 3,000) I doubt the difference in price will make that much of a difference to our support.

Plus our record when we have reduced the prices is far from stellar, in fact its awful ever since the freebie game.

However, our record when we charged £25 is P2 W1 D1, against better opposition than Wolves.

The FA cup is about making money, the best way for us to make money for this game is to have it full price. I understand financial constraints have an significance, and if ST holders want to watch then they have to pay £20 like everyone else, but no-one is forcing you to watch the game and certainly for the past few games you have been able to watch for free.

If we get more than 5,334 in at £20 we will make more money than we could possibly make selling them at £10, which is the minimum you can charge.

If we get 7,979 in at £20 we will make more money than we could possibly make at £15. But you need to consider that Wolves can only bring 4,500 maximum and so if they bring that at £20 (unlikely but I can see them bringing 3,000) I doubt the difference in price will make that much of a difference to our support.

Plus our record when we have reduced the prices is far from stellar, in fact its awful ever since the freebie game.

However, our record when we charged £25 is P2 W1 D1, against better opposition than Wolves.

The FA cup is about making money, the best way for us to make money for this game is to have it full price. I understand financial constraints have an significance, and if ST holders want to watch then they have to pay £20 like everyone else, but no-one is forcing you to watch the game and certainly for the past few games you have been able to watch for free.

I reckon you've put much more thought into it than the club.

Proper game, proper price.