Bristol City away end - no backs to the seats

As the years go by I realise that despite the joy of standing on the terraces as a younger man I would, regardless of the Taylor Report, now be a bloke in his forties choosing to sit down at football matches.

It is, however, no longer a choice.

Bristol City's Wedlock End gets my award for the most :censored:witted conversion from terrace to seated football stand I've ever had the need to attend. A pisspoor gradient made significantly worse by seats with no backs to them. After several hours of travel the least you could do is provide basic bleedin' lumbar support in the price of a ticket.

The base of my spine aches this morning. Assuming Latics stay up I really hope there's a League Two Brizzle derby fixture next season, ensuring I don't have to endure another couple of hours of this treatment.

Oh dear......do you happen to have a solicitor on the spend and raise scheme?

We could make a fortune on claims...heheh

No seriously, I do suffer from back pain so my sympathy to you and really not good after travelling to and from as well.

Hot water bottle, bath and maybe if you speak to wifey.....a massage?

The no backs on seats at Brizzle City as been an issue for years it seems. I didn't go yesterday and backs were missing the last time I attended there. Yet further evidence if ever it was needed that football fans and in particular the away fan is treated with contempt.

As the years go by I realise that despite the joy of standing on the terraces as a younger man I would, regardless of the Taylor Report, now be a bloke in his forties choosing to sit down at football matches.

It is, however, no longer a choice.

Bristol City's Wedlock End gets my award for the most :censored:witted conversion from terrace to seated football stand I've ever had the need to attend. A pisspoor gradient made significantly worse by seats with no backs to them. After several hours of travel the least you could do is provide basic bleedin' lumbar support in the price of a ticket.

The base of my spine aches this morning. Assuming Latics stay up I really hope there's a League Two Brizzle derby fixture next season, ensuring I don't have to endure another couple of hours of this treatment.

Did you ever go to the Old Wembley? Exactly the same at the front there. I was surprised that we didn't wheel out our usual '£20 for half a seat, chant'

Did you ever go to the Old Wembley? Exactly the same at the front there. I was surprised that we didn't wheel out our usual '£20 for half a seat, chant'

I never sat in the front of the converted standing areas. Stood at front and back. Sat in the upper section behind the goal and also down the side low down.

That last one was a :censored: view.

I suppose it's useless me telling you I told you so.....

It was originally opened in 1928 as a covered terrace, and was made all-seated in the 1990s. A row of supporting pillars running across the front could impair your view. The rake of the Stand is pretty shallow, which means that there is not a great height between rows. Also if you are unfortunate enough to be sitting near to the back, you may find yourself watching the game through the equivalent of a letter box, as the roof comes down quite low to the front of the stand. In addition there are a number of seats without backs, to add to your discomfort.

:blahblah: