Corney Live on SkySportsNews

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fancy LJ as much as the next bloke but a contract extension on a three year deal with two and a half years left seems a touch premature unless the club have had approaches from other clubs for his services. Nice to see backing for the manager though.

Glad the Koukash deal is dead, don't trust the bloke at all.

I fancy LJ as much as the next bloke but a contract extension on a three year deal with two and a half years left seems a touch premature unless the club have had approaches from other clubs for his services. Nice to see backing for the manager though.

Glad the Koukash deal is dead, don't trust the bloke at all.

Hes on a two year deal.

In the article, see http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11730/9030688/simon-corney-wont-sell-oldham-to-marwan-koukash-if-it-means-moving-from-boundary-park they mention the council giving us £5.7 million but last year Corney was saying that the council didn't give us that much and some additional funding would be required to build the new stand, nevermind any additional stands.

see http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/martin-hardy-they-get-knocked-down-but-oldham-always-get-up-again-8079495.html

I can see the positives and negatives in staying at BP or going elsewhere, similarly between Corney and Koukash; but I would like some honesty.

Edited by rudemedic

Has anybody asked:

1) who is paying for the stand?

2) what do they expect in return?

Well the council gave us £5.7 million a while ago due to the Failsworth fiasco- as we paid £5million for it and interest on top. The stand is supposedly costing £6million. To make £300,000 in interest from the £5.7million between the time the council gave us £5.7million and now is not hard

@MENOAFC: SC just revealed that TP has just signed a contract extension. "Tony is a big part of this. He has another long-term contract." #oafc

Very well deserved.

Agree with this. Great to see him having such faith in his manager, but if I remember rightly, similar noises were made about Dickov at this stage in his first season.

Well the council gave us £5.7 million a while ago due to the Failsworth fiasco- as we paid £5million for it and interest on top. The stand is supposedly costing £6million. To make £300,000 in interest from the £5.7million between the time the council gave us £5.7million and now is not hard

The MEN said:

The deal, which a council source said totalled £5.7m, includes funds from the sale of the Lancaster Club, a three-year loan and a separate land sale

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/councils-57m-deal-to-keep-oldham-866704

Well the council gave us £5.7 million a while ago due to the Failsworth fiasco

If I'm not mistaken the council promised us a grant of £800k. The rest of the money was owed to whoever bought the Lancaster Club and land. Presumably Blitz. Not, as far as I can see, Oldham Athletic.

While The Football Foundation will supply a further grant of £750k somebody somewhere needs to put in £4.5m. Some of that might be left over from the FA Cup run. Some of it could be from selling the retail units off rent free for a few years. Some of it could be a charitable act by a Blitz. Or an investment by Blitz.

But I am interested. Because whoever we owe money too will want a return on it. So has a hold over the future of the club. That could be positive or negative.