interesting read ? the price of football

Even at our level admission is expensive for the unreliable delivery of a quality product. The main stumbling block that many fans probably don't appreciate is the fact that it is by and large on sale once a fortnight, the shear size of the underlying cost of employees and administration and stadium maintenance on a full time basis is just impossible to fund out of match day income.

I know most of us 'do' appreciate the input of a benefactor but there are still a few who really do expect too much.

Edited by mikeroyboy

I don't know how fair it is to call Latics expensive these days. prices have stayed level for what 5 years? Wish i could say the same for travel, beer, food shopping. I get that it's still money to find for people on a budget and with families etc but it's not cheap to go to the pictures or a meal either.

I don't know how fair it is to call Latics expensive these days. prices have stayed level for what 5 years? Wish i could say the same for travel, beer, food shopping. I get that it's still money to find for people on a budget and with families etc but it's not cheap to go to the pictures or a meal either.

This.

Simon Corney has effectively cut prices at Boundary Park, year-on-year, by keeping it at the same price. Inflation, when compounded to five years and even during the recession is roughly 3% per year on average so that represents a 15% drop in the cost of seeing latics over the past five years. Or £50 had the prices rose with inflation.

It doesn't seem that way, and probably doesn't feel that way either, especially during points last season, but the freezing of the ticket prices is a big benefit that isn't really recognised in my view.