Sheffield United (a) - All Ticket

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected....it looks like you'll be able to pay on the day via the away end ticket office. Its a fully automated entry system for away fans by barcode on the ticket. If we continue this good run I might decide to go at the last minute......for anyone interested it's still only £29 for twin/double room at Premier Inn.

I stand corrected....it looks like you'll be able to pay on the day via the away end ticket office. Its a fully automated entry system for away fans by barcode on the ticket. If we continue this good run I might decide to go at the last minute......for anyone interested it's still only £29 for twin/double room at Premier Inn.

Book via PlayerShare WebShop!

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare/?u=38Q2A1

I can understand the need for all ticket for Wolves or Sheff Utd fans at BP where space is at a premium but for the likes of Latics away at Molynieux or Bramall lane in a barely half full stadium is daft.

I think half the problem is the ex premier league clubs have updated their turnstyles to accept ticket only. There is no longer any room for a man behind a turnstle taking money, just some big iron gates with a barcode scaner and then a few stewards the other side.

I can understand the need for all ticket for Wolves or Sheff Utd fans at BP where space is at a premium but for the likes of Latics away at Molynieux or Bramall lane in a barely half full stadium is daft.

It's something to do with knowing how many stewards and police they have to get for the away fans.

personally I think the followings we've taken to Bramall Lane in recent season has been poor for our standards

We took 350 odd to Wednesday in their promotion season, granted it was at 12:45 and on telly, but still, that's a properly poor turnout.

We took 350 odd to Wednesday in their promotion season, granted it was at 12:45 and on telly, but still, that's a properly poor turnout.

Although I'm sure they charged us something extortionate that day and we were doing awful. I remember the Wednesday fans singing "worst support we've ever seen" and even though it was on TV the only people probably heard that were those of us who have actually made the effort to attend, thus the short sightedness and lack of whit of modern Football banter, like the dreadfully tedious chant of "I want to go home"

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Although I'm sure they charged us something extortionate that day and we were doing awful. I remember the Wednesday fans singing "worst support we've ever seen" and even though it was on TV the only people probably heard that were those of us who have actually made the effort to attend, thus the short sightedness and lack of whit of modern Football banter, like the dreadfully tedious chant of "I want to go home"

I like how our fans sing the 'Oldham's a :censored:hole we already know' chant. Always funny and sarcastic about that terrible song you refer to.

You've actually reminded me that admission was actually cut price for that Wednesday game, which makes it all the worse. Anything under 1000 to Sheff Utd would be poor by my book.

I like how our fans sing the 'Oldham's a :censored:hole we already know' chant. Always funny and sarcastic about that terrible song you refer to.

You've actually reminded me that admission was actually cut price for that Wednesday game, which makes it all the worse. Anything under 1000 to Sheff Utd would be poor by my book.

I dont see how anything under a thousand is poor, overpricing by :censored:field, xmas being a costly time for all, and another away game a few days later. And no trains.

I don't see how Coventry being a few days later should be an issue. The £8 difference in entrance fee is offset and then some by the extra fuel costs and Bramall Lane is a far more enticing prospect for an away day than an empty and Mecano-like Sixfields preceded by a beer at the bowling alley opposite.

The trains is an issue though.

all I remember is not being given a ticket stub at the turnstyle and not being let into the seated area

I go to football on boxing day, we always have gone as a family. Home or away. Even my sister used to go. I don't think I'll give them the money.

"I don't see how Coventry being a few days later should be an issue. The £8 difference in entrance fee is offset and then some by the extra fuel costs" -

Im going to choose to pay the extra in transport costs to not give Sheffield United my money.

Having moved the club a long way from the town that supports it, I'd suggest giving money to Coventry is far more objectionable, and their own fans agree (Not One Penny More).

Not that that is why I'm not planning on going to Coventry.

Charging that much for tickets will bite them on the arse.

Not really, especially if they win. But I am glad to see the numbers of people who object to this is growing, rather than when leeds did it and those of us who objected were sneered at and our loyalty was questioned by many.