Sheffield United (a) - All Ticket

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't go to Coventry anyway as I'm back home with my family, but despite the prices being tempting I would still feel uncomfortable financially supporting their SISU regime.

I completely understand that perception and that it's a matter of principle, but SISU are so disgustingly rich it doesn't matter about the £4000 or so that we generate from away ticket sales. The reason they're at Northampton isn't because SISU can't afford it, they could probably buy the Ricoh if they wanted. Instead they are unwilling to pay the rent that was generously reduced by Coventry council, whilst in the process, hoping to devalue the stadium as its demand decreases and the council can't afford to maintain it, eventually in the presumption they'll buy it at a far cheaper price. Basically, they're trying to mug off the council.

SISU are a horrible bunch. They withheld rent to try and bankrupt the company who owned the Ricoh (so they could pick the stadium up at a pittance) but were then justifiably done over when the Council bailed the Ricoh owners out.

We took 380 to The Ricoh in the snow, depending on how we do in the next few games I can see 600-700 'tics there!

The Ricoh is nearer and with Christmas just gone 600 would be a great effort despite the £9 prices. However many we take will be exaggerated by the scarcity of home fans.

The Ricoh is nearer and with Christmas just gone 600 would be a great effort despite the £9 prices. However many we take will be exaggerated by the scarcity of home fans.

People want to turn up and watch this team, last year going to league games was like doing a chore.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

It's a relatively local game, Sheff U they know they can put us at a higher category, and price, yet still get a few - unlike the balls up from Hartlepool with us not long back, which the following season they admitted they got totally wrong.

They aren't going to want to put a low price and attract 'thousands' over the Pennines for a Boxing Day drinkathon.....

Or shall I say, the police aren't going to want....

If they are anticipating an above-average home crowd on Boxing Day, they don't need the money from a few hundred extra Tics.

And as already mentioned, given the last two seasons, a smaller away following won't do their efforts to win, and their relegation battle, any harm will it.

If we were in their position......!!!!