Liverpool in the 3rd Round

If we get past Mansfield I can see us having a tough time against Liverpool.

Rodgers Snr has been at BP many times this season watching Jnr. He should have picked up a fair bit about us there.

Not much chance of us catching them cold like last season.

The whole dad - son thing would make for a great story (other than the fact Wes will be playing instead of Anton).

If we get past Mansfield I can see us having a tough time against Liverpool.

Rodgers Snr has been at BP many times this season watching Jnr. He should have picked up a fair bit about us there.

Not much chance of us catching them cold like last season.

The whole dad - son thing would make for a great story (other than the fact Wes will be playing instead of Anton).

YOU_DONT_SAY.png

If we get through they will rip us a new one, be a similar score to the last time we played at Anfield.

They don't have any midweek games either side and they have Stoke to play the week after. So no reason not to stick a full strength side out. I think LJ would best selling it as a learning experience (if we beat Mansfield of course) as I think they could end up sticking more than 5 past us.

They don't have any midweek games either side and they have Stoke to play the week after. So no reason not to stick a full strength side out. I think LJ would best selling it as a learning experience (if we beat Mansfield of course) as I think they could end up sticking more than 5 past us.

Bigger gate and more money in the coffers for Mansfield or the Latics if Liverpool announce they will be playing a full strength side.

Edited by BP1960

We have scored 4 against them in 2 games and we now have a better team and better forward line. The odds are very strongly against us but don't write us off just yet.

Nobody thought we would beat Forest or Liverpool or even taken Everton to a replay last year and look what happened....

Having said that Mansfield will probably smash us now

Edited by palmer1

"We'll get ripped a new one."

"We will be totally destroyed."

"They'll Batter us."

Have faith in the team, Jesus Christ.

I'm not saying that won't happen, it might just, but come on, we've lost before we've even qualified for the bloody game by the way some talk!

:bluearmy:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic