What a save!

Ox has had a lot of critism from some this season but what a great save he made tonight a fee mins before Danny P's equaliser.

It could have been a totally different outcome If he hasn't got fingers to it as it was goal bound. I hope he can build his confidence from saves like that.Well done Ox

Edited by palmer1

It was a game turning save, however, I'd say most criticism of him is about his poor decision making on coming off his line. More evidence of that last night.

Really disagree, as the game went on he came out to catch/punch more and more. Couldn't really fault him last night.

Ox has had a lot of critism from some this season but what a great save he made tonight a fee mins before Danny P's equaliser.

It could have been a totally different outcome If he hasn't got fingers to it as it was goal bound. I hope he can build his confidence from saves like that.Well done Ox

Indeed that save was massive in the context of the game and therefore our season. The little deflection it got of Tarky increased its degree of difficulty, as it were. He made a couple of very good saves at other times too.

By far his best game for us last night hope he pushes on now .

On a par with the JPT game against Shrewsbury he made two great saves and one absolute worldy.

He certainly has a great save or two in him which will bail us out at times this season but he'll make mistakes as he's still young and developing in his 1st full season.

One of those players who could showcase LJ and the club's ability to develop players as the season goes on, so could be worthwhile long term.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Yesterday he appeared to take control of his area a lot more. Claimed a few high balls from outside his 6yrd box, which is what you need from your keeper, especially when facing a tall, physical outfit.

Some cracking saves too.

That was the best Oxley I have seen so far.

Yesterday he appeared to take control of his area a lot more. Claimed a few high balls from outside his 6yrd box, which is what you need from your keeper, especially when facing a tall, physical outfit.

Some cracking saves too.

That was the best Oxley I have seen so far.

This for me too - he was good last night and kept us in the game. The Ox has finally arrived.

the title of this thread reminded me of an advert that popped up on the RRE Scoreboard when Andy Rhodes made a save - was it "What a save. I bet he drinks John Willie Lees Bitter"? Something along those lines anyway - or was that one of the games when I'd taken magic mushrooms?

Both the 2 main opinions in this thread are correct. A very good save and massive in the context of the match, also needs to come out far more to claim crosses and command his area, certainly the 6 yard box.

Edited by Lags

The atmosphere was brilliant in the away end for 223 fans to generate, hopefully the noise transmitted onto the stream.

The only annoyance I had was for the sarcastic cheers when Oxley caught the ball. I'm all for a laugh, and there were some funny chants last night, however that isn't constructive and it wasn't necessary.

Only reading through this board allowed me to appreciate how well Ox played as his quality saves appeared to happen in the first-half at the opposite end, so I couldn't see them well and I'd imagine most others couldn't either. Even though we may not have realised the contribution the player made at the time I'd rather we were positive towards them.

On another note, Petrasso is growing into the winger role after a nervy start to his loan and long may that blistering form continue. I felt like the wingers, and Philliskirk playing in the hole made the difference in the second half for us.

The atmosphere was brilliant in the away end for 223 fans to generate, hopefully the noise transmitted onto the stream.

The only annoyance I had was for the sarcastic cheers when Oxley caught the ball. I'm all for a laugh, and there were some funny chants last night, however that isn't constructive and it wasn't necessary.

Only reading through this board allowed me to appreciate how well Ox played as his quality saves appeared to happen in the first-half at the opposite end, so I couldn't see them well and I'd imagine most others couldn't either. Even though we may not have realised the contribution the player made at the time I'd rather we were positive towards them.

On another note, Petrasso is growing into the winger role after a nervy start to his loan and long may that blistering form continue. I felt like the wingers, and Philliskirk playing in the hole made the difference in the second half for us.

to be fair to oxley, after the first catch and sarcastic cheers he came for almost every other ball, so it could have spurred him on. unlike kusunga who got a few boos from the home crowd and let it rattle him.

agree about petrasso. we played their way first half, as soon as we put it on the floor in the second half they didn't know how to defend it. mellor offered more going forward too, good second half performance.

It was a game turning save, however, I'd say most criticism of him is about his poor decision making on coming off his line. More evidence of that last night.

I've had my doubts about his decision making myself but I don't think Oxley did a lot wrong last night. Great save, which gave Latics the platform to come back into the game.

Yes it came through fine on the tv, from OWTB as the players came out to all the right noises at all the right times. Hats off to those who went (plus those in the main stand) :OASISscarf: