3rd FANS FORUM WITH LEE JOHNSON

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't the event be held at a time to allow a large number to attend rather than 20?

The smaller audience works well. Individuals get to ask challenging questions which tend to be more direct than bigger events.

When the club put on an evening event 5 miles out of town the arduous journey round the M60 proved too much for bigger numbers to attend. But there has also been an event for over 100 people at the Shaw Playhouse with an evening kick off.

It is what it is. I think it's very positive that the manager is prepared to see fans close up at a time when results and league position are against us.

----------

This forum serves as a great medium to discuss the club, the match, the tactics, the joys, the failings, the signings and all the rest of it. I usually enjoy it. I'm not averse to having a pop where I think it's merited.

But Latics fans are coming across as a miserable bunch of :censored:ers over the last couple of days. We strengthen our squad with players who appear to have a mix of ability, genius and experience. The manager reaches out to the fans inviting them in to tell him how they see it. But it's the wrong :censored:ing time of day? If you can't make it, that's a shame. If it was 11am on a weekday I'm pretty much snookered. If it's 3pm on Sunday I've got something else lined up then. A Tuesday night might be better for some, but a thousand or so fans are unable to get to a :censored:ing match on a Tuesday evening so I wouldn't count on them turning up for a meet the manager event.

Seriously, a lot of us need to get a grip.

Rant over.

Edited by opinions4u

The smaller audience works well. Individuals get to ask challenging questions which tend to be more direct than bigger events.

When the club put on an evening event 5 miles out of town the arduous journey round the M60 proved too much for bigger numbers to attend. But there has also been an event for over 100 people at the Shaw Playhouse with an evening kick off.

It is what it is. I think it's very positive that the manager is prepared to see fans close up at a time when results and league position are against us.

This forum serves as a great medium to discuss the club, the match, the tactics, the joys, the failings, the signings and all the rest of it. I usually enjoy it. I'm not averse to having a pop where I think it's merited.

But Latics fans are coming across as a miserable bunch of :censored:ers over the last couple of days. We strengthen our squad with players who appear to have a mix of ability, genius and experience. The manager reaches out to the fans inviting them in to tell him how they see it. But it's the wrong :censored:ing time of day? If you can't make it, that's a shame. If it was 11am on a weekday I'm pretty much snookered. If it's 3pm on Sunday I've got something else lined up then. A Tuesday night might be better for some, but a thousand or so fans are unable to get to a :censored:ing match on a Tuesday evening so I wouldn't count on them turning up for a meet the manager event.

Seriously, a lot of us need to get a grip.

Rant over.

Agree with all of the above.

I don't know lots about fans from other clubs as I have always been latics but some of the garbage and moaning on here is unreal, makes me think there are Some people on here from other clubs stirring it a little but I fear there isn't and some Oldham fans really are such clowns!

Have any of the moaners noticed that Thursdays are generally not a football day for clubs at our level.

Moaning if there is no communication, and moaning when the opportunity arises is typical Oldham.

This level of access is unprecedented at our club, and at many levels.

Edited by singe

Brilliant, only yesterday, I declared it wouldn't be long until he got the brews and biscuits out again, absolutely priceless.

Great for fans (kids) to get to see the manager, but I couldn't see Mourinho doing this, i'd rather he spent the hour working out how to win matches at Boundary Park!

You're talking balls again.

Comparing Johnson with Mourinho is priceless.

Anyway, with all the support teams, coaches and backroom staff etc I'd put money on Mourinho likelier to have more time than Johnson anyway.

Can't believe some people are moaning at this, do you not think its great that the fans can come and meet the manager face to face to discuss the club and ways forward etc? Feel grateful, we could end up with an owner like cardiffs one day.

I'd love to come but getting time off in January for me is a ball ache so I'll have to leave it.

I'm not moaning I just don't see the benefit in it.

Especially when we're in the :censored: in the league.

Once a season, pre season maybe for those whose boat it floats.

I'm as obsessed as anybody but I don't feel any need to go & quiz him, slate him, argue with him or praise him.

If you do, fine. Each to their own.

I'd rather he just got on with his job instead of daft gimmicks like this.

I'm not moaning I just don't see the benefit in it.

Especially when we're in the :censored: in the league.

Once a season, pre season maybe for those whose boat it floats.

I'm as obsessed as anybody but I don't feel any need to go & quiz him, slate him, argue with him or praise him.

If you do, fine. Each to their own.

I'd rather he just got on with his job instead of daft gimmicks like this.

I think this is the best time for an event like this. With the team not doing so well, it gives fans a chance to quiz LJ about what's gone wrong and see how far he recognises his own and the teams mistakes and faults.

With three signings made and more to come, we'll also be able to get an insight into the reasoning behind them and see how they will work in the team.

To me, this will give a more accurate portrayal than we get in the media, we'll get a more in depth view of how the manager is doing and what he is aiming to do from this point in the season.

Who said it was?

Your post came across that way, that someone can have access if they want, you'd rather have points. As if having the event is somehow hindering that.

And your previous post said you'd rather he just got on with his job.

Whilst I commend LJ for the offer, I can't really see the value of this and can't really add what can be communicated via the official site, via Barry or in local press.

I think we all know he's a nice, decent, committed lad and driven to deliver success for the club. We also have come to conclusion that initial strengthening hasn't worked in some areas and he's wheeling and dealing to correct this. He's not accountable to us nor does he have to explain his actions or activity in the transfer market unless were in relegation come March, April or May.

60 minute nattering over tea and biscuits won't add to my opinion. If there was the promise of Corney flipping his lid again then I'd reconsider maybe(!)

I think someone else made reference on another thread but perhaps Barry should post more regarding the new stand, the commercial side of club and any developments on new investment?! On the field, LJ is doing the best he can...it's more off the field I'm more interested in and that's outside LJ's responsibilities.

Yep, Simon just had a rant, which was embarrasing and to be fair I nearly sat up and walked out, I wasnt there to be patronised. Then Prozac fell into the room and lightened the mood.

I think it's a good idea I hope those that go come back on here and tell us all what was said.

I also hope people ask reasonably about how to tackle the home goals problem and the reasoning behind the signings.

If we get beat against Stevenage it won't be because we did this forum although no doubt someone will say it is.

I think it's a good idea I hope those that go come back on here and tell us all what was said.

I also hope people ask reasonably about how to tackle the home goals problem and the reasoning behind the signings.

If we get beat against Stevenage it won't be because we did this forum although no doubt someone will say it is.

If I get selected I will try and take some notes when I am there. I aint a journalist but will do my best, also if anyone who cant make it has a burning question they need answering PM me and I will hopefully get to ask it. Like I say hope I get selected.