Mellor Why Didn't

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he'll start proving those who slag him off from the stands constantly wrong - he's been improving week on week, today's game is testament to that

Let's not over exaggerate it shall we? "Those slagging him off from the stands" is wide of the mark.

A few have questioned his ability on here. No complaints from me today, I thought he played tremendous.

I have criticised Mellor on many occasions, however he was immense today.

Unlucky not to get MOM I thought.

This. If he can perform like that every week he'll do for me. He had a very good game today up against Filipe Morais who I thought was their best player by a country mile.

Edited by Break The Silence

Let's not over exaggerate it shall we? "Those slagging him off from the stands" is wide of the mark.

A few have questioned his ability on here. No complaints from me today, I thought he played tremendous.

you musnt sit in the main stand upper? he took one bad free kick the other week and a lad behind said "get him off, he's :censored:s, always will be" so my points not over exaggerated at all

Morais was the only one for them who looked like a decent footballer, that said Mellor really played him well today, MOM for me.

Agreed. He marked their best player really well. He was always going to get beaten once or twice, Morais is a quality player at this level, but he stuck to his task well.

I wonder if he cycles to training though :wink:.

Agreed. He marked their best player really well. He was always going to get beaten once or twice, Morais is a quality player at this level, but he stuck to his task well.

I wonder if he cycles to training though :wink:.

Oh yes defo a cyclist the way he back peddled and out fought morais today. They even switch morais onto the other wing to get away from mellor....hehe

Agree with most that Morais was their best player and I thought it showed great support that smith and philly came back to give mellor a hand/offer a way out when he pinched the ball off morais. Good stuff. Team effort

Hope mellor has had the boost he needed after Liverpool and today to keep plugging at it, even though it's not his natural position, he's doing a good job.

even though it's not his natural position, he's doing a good job.

I think those days where he struggled with playing there under Dickov are paying dividends as he matures.

LJ did hint, rather strongly, that Grounds at centre back and Mellor at left back is the way it could be for the rest of the season.

Although he does want Joe Mills back too.

More than happy to have Mellor at lb. He was excellent today. Positioning was always his problem ans he's getting there with that. Slowly becoming his natural position.

Couldn't agree more Gaz. With Grounds playing at centre half the left back position is there for the taking. If Mellor continues to play like he did today it's a no brainer for LJ.

I think those days where he struggled with playing there under Dickov are paying dividends as he matures.

LJ did hint, rather strongly, that Grounds at centre back and Mellor at left back is the way it could be for the rest of the season.

Although he does want Joe Mills back too.

Would be good to have a settled back 4 playing every week.

Grounds playing at CB helps Mellor out, as he is able to seamlessly cover for the times Mellor is "caught" upfield. Mellor's spell at CB early in the season and during preseason has probably helped his defensive positioning too, but that could just be me remembering a point I made back then and capitalising on being able to bring it up again.

Mellor was also able to capitalise on Morais' poor defensive abilities too today.

Like others have said a consistent back 7 (2 CMs, back 4 and GK) will do wonders for our performances I think, and not just for the remainder of this season either.

Edited by rudemedic

you musnt sit in the main stand upper? he took one bad free kick the other week and a lad behind said "get him off, he's :censored:s, always will be" so my points not over exaggerated at all

Kieran, you said stands mate...

Not one bloke in the main stand upper. It was very much exaggerated.