Toothless

Well the over reaction on here totally predictable and we wonder why the team look under pressure at home. Really ...... It appears the fine margins make all the difference and LJ honest in a results driven process. But come on what totally :censored: support......on here.

Rooney is only one of MANY MANY strikers to fail to hit the net from a penalty. He had the bottle to step up usually scores them by all accounts but didnt, who else rushed to take it? Some are making out the lad took a really :censored: penalty yet the keeper won them the points last night. It was an ill advised place to put a penalty and great height for a keeper but hit it well his luck really out.

BP "derided" give over nobody thinks that of you do they??? on here was ridiculing you? showed contempt? you have a cracking knowledge of football, respect the opinion but you do come over as very anti Johnston and have done from day one which is hard to fathom not knowing you. Bit Victor Meldrew ish... :-)

Penalty goes in and well done a point at Walsall ok. It didnt and all doom and gloom. Did we play well YES. Did we deserve more YES, Wasteful YES. Predictable YES but we have been for years. Can anyone honestly say they didnt think hes going to miss this last night.

Dickov was an unlucky manager, LJ is fast becoming a very unlucky manager but its hard to be ultra critical when the margins a post, keeper and penalty compounded by a goal from one of the worst players ever to wear a latics shirt. If we didnt look like we could score then fair enough but we are missing chances and thats what being under pressure does. Get behind the team.

Having said that our failure to keep clean sheets adds to the pressure is Oxley good enough? Dont rate him on consistency. Goals against very predictable in type. Or is it just poor defending that leaves him exposed?

Lets all hope Connor gets back in team so he can be the boo boy eh.....

Why does being pissed off with yet another loss mean someone isn't "behind the team"?

Maybe some are especially pissed off because they were the ones who really did get behind the team.

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right to make a judgement here that when the cross comes in the player in the box should gamble with a diving header perfect height for one. Johnson was right we don't have players who will go in and out their head where it hurts.

That's what I thought at the time, it was right in front of us and Philly ought to have gambled and thrown himself at it. That's the instinct of a natural goal poacher, McDonald would probably have reacted more quickly.

Well the over reaction on here totally predictable and we wonder why the team look under pressure at home. Really ...... It appears the fine margins make all the difference and LJ honest in a results driven process. But come on what totally :censored: support......on here.

Rooney is only one of MANY MANY strikers to fail to hit the net from a penalty. He had the bottle to step up usually scores them by all accounts but didnt, who else rushed to take it? Some are making out the lad took a really :censored: penalty yet the keeper won them the points last night. It was an ill advised place to put a penalty and great height for a keeper but hit it well his luck really out.

BP "derided" give over nobody thinks that of you do they??? on here was ridiculing you? showed contempt? you have a cracking knowledge of football, respect the opinion but you do come over as very anti Johnston and have done from day one which is hard to fathom not knowing you. Bit Victor Meldrew ish... :-)

Penalty goes in and well done a point at Walsall ok. It didnt and all doom and gloom. Did we play well YES. Did we deserve more YES, Wasteful YES. Predictable YES but we have been for years. Can anyone honestly say they didnt think hes going to miss this last night.

Dickov was an unlucky manager, LJ is fast becoming a very unlucky manager but its hard to be ultra critical when the margins a post, keeper and penalty compounded by a goal from one of the worst players ever to wear a latics shirt. If we didnt look like we could score then fair enough but we are missing chances and thats what being under pressure does. Get behind the team.

Having said that our failure to keep clean sheets adds to the pressure is Oxley good enough? Dont rate him on consistency. Goals against very predictable in type. Or is it just poor defending that leaves him exposed?

Lets all hope Connor gets back in team so he can be the boo boy eh.....

Oxley kept us in the game last night with 2 great saves. Think I was at 0-0 and the other at 1-0. Had no chance with the goal that game from us giving the ball away in the opponents half.

There's a bit of a difference between can do no wrong and not berating him every time the team make a mistake.

I praise him when he deserves it..check out the league table and goals scored..you might be happy with that I'm not..all the sweet talk can't hide the facts.

Great play to win the pen from harkins and wes. Really gutted last night but we were a kick away from a very good point . Glass still very much half full for me .

Couldn't make it last night but Even listening to the commentary it's evident we are miles ahead of where we were under Penney and 'second half season collapse' dickov eras . I'm not naive enough to know there are things that aren't right but the only way forward is patience and support to a young squad with a rookie manager who are trying to play the right way . Orient and Walsall are the model to strive towards and some fans can't seem to accept that . What's wrong with it ?

Something needs to change with the atmosphere at bp . It's no ones fault but we need to get the place going a bit more and lift the players . The last three home games have been as flat as a witches tit and it can't be inspiring to a player . Even after we scored against Stevenage it was deadly silent a minute after . The chaddy end was brilliant against Bradford and even in the cup games this season . How many people on here would be willing to sit in the rre instead of the chaddy ? Is it possible ? We need all the fans in the same place . You can have a pint in the rre too ;) there's no poles obstructing views and the acoustics are significantly better .

Let's hope port vale are struggling from a tough game and very long journey last night and we hit them on the break and get the first goal.

Owtb

LJ must address the lack of goals, plenty of possession means nothing if there's no end product.

I have aired my thoughts many times, but been derided, so will let others come up with some ideas....fire away.

Read this and then tell us what you think of it.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-fans-must-stick-behind-6509441

Great play to win the pen from harkins and wes. Really gutted last night but we were a kick away from a very good point . Glass still very much half full for me .

Couldn't make it last night but Even listening to the commentary it's evident we are miles ahead of where we were under Penney and 'second half season collapse' dickov eras . I'm not naive enough to know there are things that aren't right but the only way forward is patience and support to a young squad with a rookie manager who are trying to play the right way . Orient and Walsall are the model to strive towards and some fans can't seem to accept that . What's wrong with it ?

Something needs to change with the atmosphere at bp . It's no ones fault but we need to get the place going a bit more and lift the players . The last three home games have been as flat as a witches tit and it can't be inspiring to a player . Even after we scored against Stevenage it was deadly silent a minute after . The chaddy end was brilliant against Bradford and even in the cup games this season . How many people on here would be willing to sit in the rre instead of the chaddy ? Is it possible ? We need all the fans in the same place . You can have a pint in the rre too ;) there's no poles obstructing views and the acoustics are significantly better .

Let's hope port vale are struggling from a tough game and very long journey last night and we hit them on the break and get the first goal.

Owtb

The atmosphere at BP is not helped, at the moment, by having a three-sided ground..but the negativity that emanates from a large portion of the fans must be palpable to the players themselves. Just go on Twitter and read the tweets from fans who are at the match and even those that aren't, the negativity has to be seen to be believed. The problem is, that it has been like that for such a long time..only briefly interrupted by the excitement that Dowie brought to the club on match days.

I remember sitting in the RRE when JR was manager and every game was like a bloody cup final, the noise was incredible.

Totally agree with all of that and given the time and some luck believe that Johnson will deliver.

I think 95% of fans are right behind him it's just that 4 seasons of similar results and a massive lack of goals is clouding the issue.

The atmosphere at BP is not helped, at the moment, by having a three-sided ground..but the negativity that emanates from a large portion of the fans must be palpable to the players themselves. Just go on Twitter and read the tweets from fans who are at the match and even those that aren't, the negativity has to be seen to be believed. The problem is, that it has been like that for such a long time

If negativity affects the players so must the increasingly widespread acceptance of mediocrity.

far as im concerned avoiding the drop is the priority this year and then as long as each season we continuously im prove upon that then ill be happy, we arent exactly Barcelona or real madrid where we can destroy every team we play. I was so frustrated Rooney last night but im certain once he starts banging them in he wont stop.

The atmosphere at BP is not helped, at the moment, by having a three-sided ground..but the negativity that emanates from a large portion of the fans must be palpable to the players themselves. Just go on Twitter and read the tweets from fans who are at the match and even those that aren't, the negativity has to be seen to be believed. The problem is, that it has been like that for such a long time..only briefly interrupted by the excitement that Dowie brought to the club on match days.

I remember sitting in the RRE when JR was manager and every game was like a bloody cup final, the noise was incredible.

Do you think the new stand will help? yes it will make the staduim look nicer but i can also see that stand looking full while the Rocky, Chaddy and Main stand lower looking deserted if alot of fans move other.

Which will also include also of the moaners also unless a singing section is created within the stand.

Oxley kept us in the game last night with 2 great saves. Think I was at 0-0 and the other at 1-0. Had no chance with the goal that game from us giving the ball away in the opponents half.

I concur.....and their keeper won them the game....as stated fine margins.... :coffee1:

He does make good saves and fair enough just have doubts.

Anyone on twitter have a look at Matt Chambers retweet re penalty. Rooney put three on the trot in same area. Twitter name Troopy

Except he hasn't he put his pen against Chesterfield in the shoot-out to the GK's Left.

He does make good saves and fair enough just have doubts.

Anyone on twitter have a look at Matt Chambers retweet re penalty. Rooney put three on the trot in same area. Twitter name Troopy

Didn't his pen against Chesterfield go to the keeper's left though?

Totally agree with all of that and given the time and some luck believe that Johnson will deliver.

I think 95% of fans are right behind him it's just that 4 seasons of similar results and a massive lack of goals is clouding the issue.

got it in one, the massive lack of goals, score them and its sorted,

I praise him when he deserves it..check out the league table and goals scored..you might be happy with that I'm not..all the sweet talk can't hide the facts.

Couldn't give a :censored:e to be honest, however when I see bollocks - I'll challenge it.

I think Mike (who by the way is an excellent reporter) has taken my headline out of context. I wasn't just referring to the Walsall match, but the fact not enough goals have been scored in the league this season.

I am sure Lee Johnson is diligent in his approach to matches, but something is amiss - particularly when at home, and in my opinion, right or wrong, it's the way the team has been set up.

It appears the manager has recognised this after many frustrating months by signing a creative player in Harkins.

I would like to see the team playing with two strikers up front at Boundary Park, thus giving the option for Harkins to thread a ball through to either, this is how I envisage more goals can be scored

Obviously the defensive aspect of the midfield will be weakened, but if nothing is changed I fear score lines will be similar for the remaining fixtures.

As for Rooney it seems to me he lacks split second timing, and this is what needs to be worked on.

From the start of the season I pledged £10 to playershare every time the team scored 3 or more goals in a league match, even though it's only cost me a tenner so far it would be a pleasure to pay out after every game.

Edited by BP1960