Paddy Strikes Again

It was 1-7 :-p only reason remember that is because I remember Stuart Balmer doing a fist punch celebration when he scored, it was either 6 or 7 already when he scored... Why bother lmao! I found it hilarious

Probably had a tenner on it.

Never forget that 1-7 reverse against Cardiff City. It saw any hopes of Mick Wadsworth side in the play off's end. Pleased to say I saw Balmers goal at the bitter end also. It was the last game to be screened on the ill fated ITV Digital I believe and I had interviewed prior claiming Latics could win it!!!

We've had Hearns v Hagler, Watson v Eubank now we've got............

Bourney - keep the wind ups to Facebook from now on. Paddy - there's a huge difference between giving someone a dig for leaving a football game early and accusing someone of something altogether more sinister. I trust it was the beer talking but let's leave it there.

can say what he wants Ryan I know what he is going to say its something that happened nearly 6 years he has a 3rd person's POV of it as he wasn't even there to be honest, but I forgot were all angels ain't we Patrick, I have apologised for getting mixed up about Forest but you have walked out early that much you can forgive me for getting that one wrong, all the best.

can say what he wants Ryan I know what he is going to say its something that happened nearly 6 years he has a 3rd person's POV of it as he wasn't even there to be honest, but I forgot were all angels ain't we Patrick, I have apologised for getting mixed up about Forest but you have walked out early that much you can forgive me for getting that one wrong, all the best.

That much? I can only count about five in my twenty years of watching Latics...

Where's singe when you need him? We need a poll on whether you should leave early or not. :deal::grin:

You pays your money, you makes your choice, but my choice is to stay to the (often bitter) end. Yesterday's events showed just why, in 63 years, I've never left a game early and never will. Apart from that, isn't your support of the team needed even more when they are, shall we say, "underperforming"? To get behind them and gee them up?

Well done to the 3,000 plus who stuck it out expecting some miracle to happen. It did.

All opinions, ain't it?

Fair play to Paddy. He was honest and admitted making a mistake. Mind you, had he not done there are plenty that would have 'outed' him! There were about 4 or 5 on my FB who did exactly the same.

The thought never ever crosses my mind. In a sport where literally anything could happen, what does walking out in disgust ever achieve? Is it a poor anger management thing? Is it a point to prove in your head or something? Even when you walk away and you've, I suppose, been vindicated. Is it something you feel better for?

I've only done it once, Barnsley away when we went 0-4 down. The atmosphere was pretty poisonous that afternoon which was my reasoning. I felt pretty bad doing that, but I saw fellow fans do one thing I hope I'd never see and that's to unleash pure hatred at our own team as they trudged off at HT.

Why is anyone in the least bit interested in whether someone else leaves early? It not my style but I can understand why people do it on occasion. I don't really see why some people are so keen to criticise those who do.

Of course, on a day like yesterday, it's an open goal in terms of taking the piss, which is fair enough. But the whole 'don't come back' crap, along with the 'doom and gloomers won't have enjoyed that' comments I've seen on Twitter, is :censored:ing dull.

Just :censored:ing enjoy a good result.