After The Lord Mayor's Show

Thought 3-0 was harsh but we didn't deserve anything from game ,why do we let Dayton take corners he never clears the man on the front post we scored 2 from corners on Saturday when he wasn't on the pitch

Doing my head in, this - when was the last time he took a decent corner?

Scoreline was harsh, but we gave it a good go and not in a standard "unlucky losers" sort of way that we've seen in other matches this season. Wolves were just better than us (which is down to resources), but can't fault our effort.

Thought Oxley was superb tonight.

Can't fault the effort, but Wolves were big, strong and quick, Dayton looked very lightweight again.

u

Agree - Dayton doesn't get passed his man and therefore doesn't produce any decent service. His corners are getting worse so why not let Harkins take them. If Worrall is fit give Dayton a rest but he seems to be one of LJ's faves.

Wolves are a very solid side defensively and set up to counter-attack at speed. They played well and their confidence grew in second half. Latics only had a handful of decent chances second half and without the intensity of our comeback on Saturday, I'm afraid we were second best to Wolves on the night.

LJ commented tonight that there may be 1 or 2 in and 1 or 2 out by Friday. Like many have highlighted, a new striker is a must just to give us a lift and provide a different option up front. However not sure Lee Gregory on trial from Halifax will be the answer. If Tarky goes (as seems a distinct possibility with several clubs interested) defensive cover is also needed.

Have you seen Saturday's highlights?

Yes. Not sure what you're getting at, but Dayton was off the pitch long before our comeback.

In fact the first corner he took on Saturday to quote, well, me (in the "Already Left" thread); "pea-rolled apologetically to the opposition player marking the near post".

Thought that overall it was a decent performance against a strong team who have obviously developed as a unit since earlier in the season. Wolves looked strong and organised and, again as others have said, got forward as in numbers quickly.

They weren't afraid to shoot (Korey Smith please note), and looked confident on the ball.

Disappointed with Tarky for the second goal - despite the New Moston Beckenbauer tag , he isn't and needs to get shut of the ball into safe areas at times. JCH looked clumsy to me, still a lot to do.

Dayton can do no right it seems for some. Personally I thought he worked harder than he has done for weeks - and he got a good reception from the main stand when he went off - and the last thing he needs is to become the new target for boo boys.

Oxley - that point blank save was outstanding and despite conceding 7 goals in two matches he is proving his place more and more.

Yes. Not sure what you're getting at, but Dayton was off the pitch long before our comeback.

In fact the first corner he took on Saturday to quote, well, me (in the "Already Left" thread); "pea-rolled apologetically to the opposition player marking the near post".

Misread he as we. So I agree with you.

Agreed with Joe re Ox. Him or Harkins for MOM. Surprised Wes got it as think he went a bit quiet second half, no doubt playing a bit within himself due to the booking that shouldn't have been.

Against my better instincts I feel I have to stand up for the referee here. Wesolowski won the ball with an excellent challenge, but inexplicably had hold of the Wolves player's arm, so dragging him down as he slid. It was just stupid. The ref was generally poor (to both sides) but I found it ironic that this was the decision that riled the masses as I thought it was a good spot from him.

Other than that Wes had a good game, he never gave anyone a spare second on the ball. He, Oxley and Harkins were my candidates for MotM, with an honourable mention for Clare-Harris, who worked his nuts off without anything really coming off for him. He was breathing out of his backside towards the end.