Korey Smith

I'm not too arsed if he does guest DJ slots on Capital FM or not.

He is vocal on the pitch. He (usually) leads by example on the pitch. He drives us forward on the pitch.

On the pitch, he is the only real viable option for captain; and bar possibly Tarky when he was here, has been since he came to the club.

If only he would drive himself forward more.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only he would drive himself forward more.

I really disagree, I think Korey is a top player, if I had a criticism it would be that he tries to take us forward in a narrow channel straight through the middle. Fine to keep them worried in the middle but early balls out wide would create more space.

I really disagree, I think Korey is a top player, if I had a criticism it would be that he tries to take us forward in a narrow channel straight through the middle. Fine to keep them worried in the middle but early balls out wide would create more space.

Agree with this. Until Harkins and Worrall arrived we played virtually every ball through him which was too predictable. There's a bit more variety to the play now. Hopefully it will yield more goals.

Best player weve got, only criticism is he slows things down quite a bit, seems to think about things a bit too much. Couple of times at weekend there were balls out wide on early which he chose not to use, ended up playing backwards. If he sharpened up a bit, he wouldnt be with us though.

Brings energy, commitment and drive. Never hides even when not on top of his game. Usually finds his man.

Sometimes plays the ball the way he is going rather than look to switch direction of play and consequently sometimes busy rather than effective.

Glad he is with us, overall a major asset. But please instill in him the confidence to shoot!

Edited by LaticsPete

Can see the logic in him playing deeper if Lockwood & Wilson are our centre halves but never understood why he played so deep when we had Tarky and Grounds there as they were more than capable of carrying the ball forward

Probably because half the world is currently playing with 1-2 holding central midfielders.