Crawley

Shows investment in the pitch at BP has been worthwhile over the years. Genuinely have one of, if not the best pitch in our league.

What helps is the open space along one side, drying winds stop it getting waterlogged, having said that, credit must go to the groundstaff.

Crawley really shouldn't be at this level, there should be standards to get into the 3rd division

And that would also kill football in my opinion.

That's the beauty of English football, anybody can go up or down the leagues, no matter what. (Apart from Non-League to Football League with stadium requirements etc.)

And that would also kill football in my opinion.

That's the beauty of English football, anybody can go up or down the leagues, no matter what. (Apart from Non-League to Football League with stadium requirements etc.)

So stadium requirements are fine but a standard for the playing surface is not relevant.

Have you not considered that this is one of the reasons that English football, whilst being 'beautiful' is so far down the international scale?

So stadium requirements are fine but a standard for the playing surface is not relevant.

Have you not considered that this is one of the reasons that English football, whilst being 'beautiful' is so far down the international scale?

I'd rather keep our leagues interesting and competitive than turn them into more of a franchise sort of thing with limited promotion and relegation.

That's the beauty of English football, anyone can beat anyone on their day.

Now, Crawleys pitch is a disgrace, but they have earnt their way up to league one (or bought their way) so they should be here, maybe they should look into an alternative stadium for the next few weeks so they can give their pitch treatment and time to recover.

Blame the grass, that's a new one.

I'd rather keep our leagues interesting and competitive than turn them into more of a franchise sort of thing with limited promotion and relegation.

That's the beauty of English football, anyone can beat anyone on their day.

Now, Crawleys pitch is a disgrace, but they have earnt their way up to league one (or bought their way) so they should be here, maybe they should look into an alternative stadium for the next few weeks so they can give their pitch treatment and time to recover.

I never mentioned a Franchise. The FA Cup is for anyone beating anyone on the day as we well know.

We agree that Crawley's pitch is a disgrace and that they should play elsewhere, that is my point precisely!

I never mentioned a Franchise. The FA Cup is for anyone beating anyone on the day as we well know.

We agree that Crawley's pitch is a disgrace and that they should play elsewhere, that is my point precisely!

But your arguement is that they should not be allowed in the league.

Hey ho, they're going to have a torrid few weeks.

Them Brazilians learn how to play football with oranges in the tracks between dwellings in the favelas, doesn't appear to do their players any harm. The opposite in fact, teaches them close control. Our kids are shoved onto full sized pitches with the big lads at the front and back and hoofing the ball between the two. This has more impact on where we are on the international scale than the state of the pitches.

The best kids have been learning on indoor pitches at premier league academies that are flatter and truer than most walls, the only time an English international player comes into contact with a substandard pitch is when they get drawn away in a cup game.

Crawley really shouldn't be at this level, there should be standards to get into the 3rd division

Pretty sure if the Premier League had its way it do this to all other clubs wants its happy 20 are in.

Despite there pitch being awful I enjoy seeing new teams coming into the football.

Plus there is requirements hence why Kidderminister, Stevenage and Macclesfield where all denied promotion to the Football League at one point in the 90's

"Crawley really shouldn't be at this level, there should be standards to get into the 3rd division"

Could not disagree more. Football should always be about performance on the pitch. If latics pulled off a miracle and made the premier league in 3 years time. Imagine if we wee told "sorry, you canm't come in without better facillities" - you would go mental

Shows investment in the pitch at BP has been worthwhile over the years. Genuinely have one of, if not the best pitch in our league.

Yeah, Bog Gord said on LaticsPlayer on Saturday that the MK pitch reminded him of ours ten years ago. I was actually surprised when I thought back and remembered what a sandbox it was back around 01/02!

Pretty sure if the Premier League had its way it do this to all other clubs wants its happy 20 are in.

Despite there pitch being awful I enjoy seeing new teams coming into the football.

Plus there is requirements hence why Kidderminister, Stevenage and Macclesfield where all denied promotion to the Football League at one point in the 90's

Those 3 clubs were all denied entry because of their ground facilities and safety standards not due to any type of assessment of the playing surface.

"Crawley really shouldn't be at this level, there should be standards to get into the 3rd division"

Could not disagree more. Football should always be about performance on the pitch. If latics pulled off a miracle and made the premier league in 3 years time. Imagine if we wee told "sorry, you canm't come in without better facillities" - you would go mental

I am simply talking about their playing surface, nothing else, a surface that is obviously not fit to play football upon!