BP seating arrangements and improved atmosphere

Best seating arrangements at BP  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What is the vest seating arrangement to boost atmosphere at BP

• No change. Home and away fans in RRE. Latics have big section.
    • Home fans congregated in the Chaddy. Away fans have the whole RRE.
    • Away fans in the Chaddy. Home fans in the RRE.
    • Latics fans have small section of RRE. Away fans in the big section.
    • Away fans in the mainstand paddock
    • Other

A top four team/exciting football would create the atmosphere. There was nothing wrong with the atmosphere against Peterborough second half.

I guess the club are more comfortable with the RRE for big away followings because of its flexibility while home support is quite poor. As long as the club are confident home support will be less than 5,000 they are happy to let away fans have the large section and close the small section to save on police and stewarding costs. It also allows them to let away support have it all if necessary. If the club expect 6,000 plus home fans we take the small section as in the Liverpool and Everton Cup games. Maximising profit is what matters most to the club.

I have not voted because it doesn't effect me but I have been in both and the Chaddy is drier. Having said that, every ground in the country is open to getting wet in windy weather on its south and west facing stands. We have packed them in before in wet weather, maybe we should leave it to the team.

Edited by mikeroyboy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky rd, any day! Its seems to some, a piece of plastic in there- holds a bigger place in there hearts, than the club.... move on, you plonkers. Sat in the rocky for years, never got wet, or the sun in my eyes onces, what bloody weak excuses!

chaddy end ST holder.

Yes I agree we should trial the swap chaddy for rocky.

However if it should become permenant I would like the rear end of the rocky to become covered. also the small section as family area.

as for nostalgia.

roker park. burden park. highfield rd. the dell.highbury. main rd. ETC.all these fans moved on so maybe we should, although highfield rd not the best example given current events. lol

ok people WE ARE BUILDING A NEW STAND . the point of this stand is to raise revenue through bars, catering , cafes ,boxes ,chaddys gang hq etcetera .

its no use doing this if home fans are split around four stands . we ( the club) need to get as many people in there as possible .spending money, enjoying the facilities.

I believe some people will naturally migrate to the new stand so that before games and at half time they can keep warm and watch sky / half time /full time results.

with this in mind its time the club made the decision to give chaddy to away fans . it will benefit the home fans to be in the better stands with better facilities and concentrate any fans who want to make some noise . simples .

ok people WE ARE BUILDING A NEW STAND . the point of this stand is to raise revenue through bars, catering , cafes ,boxes ,chaddys gang hq etcetera .

its no use doing this if home fans are split around four stands . we ( the club) need to get as many people in there as possible .spending money, enjoying the facilities.

I believe some people will naturally migrate to the new stand so that before games and at half time they can keep warm and watch sky / half time /full time results.

with this in mind its time the club made the decision to give chaddy to away fans . it will benefit the home fans to be in the better stands with better facilities and concentrate any fans who want to make some noise . simples .

True, but I bet away fans drink more beer and eat more pies pro rata than home ones, would you want them somewhere with no hope of either in the Chaddy as opposed to a Hail Mary chance of one or other in the Rocky? It makes sense to me but only if it's a plan for a number of years that means keeping the Chaddy intact and upgrading it's facilities

you asked the question and to be honest I don't care much about the away fans . I suspect they probably want something to eat and drink as do home fans . who will spend more I don't know and neither do you . the point is we need people in the new stand to make a commercial success . by your reckoning we should put away fans in there as they are the only ones capable of buying pies and pints .

anyone can buy pies in the chaddy and you can bet the club will find a way to sell beer there if there is enough demand from away fans .

away fans might spend more pro rata but if there are only 56 of them it wont add up to much will it .

you asked the question and to be honest I don't care much about the away fans . I suspect they probably want something to eat and drink as do home fans . who will spend more I don't know and neither do you . the point is we need people in the new stand to make a commercial success . by your reckoning we should put away fans in there as they are the only ones capable of buying pies and pints .

anyone can buy pies in the chaddy and you can bet the club will find a way to sell beer there if there is enough demand from away fans .

away fans might spend more pro rata but if there are only 56 of them it wont add up to much will it .

I agree the new stand should be the one to raise revenue from home fans, but the 56 away fans are balanced by the times when there are 800 or 2000 there, many thirsty. I don't buy drink at BP (any stand) because I don't want the hassle and having to bolt it down in 30 seconds or miss the match, but I'll line them up on away days.

There's a poll taken every home game by the number of people who go through the turnstiles into the Chaddy v the number who go into the RRE. The club knows the answer and may care to publish it so that this issue can be put to bed AGAIN.

You don't take into account the number of fans who don't currently buy a season ticket in the RRE because they get shunted out of them when away teams bring a decent number of fans (and Bury).

You don't take into account the number of fans who don't currently buy a season ticket in the RRE because they get shunted out of them when away teams bring a decent number of fans (and Bury).

Perhaps, but on the flip side how many of the RRE fans get a ST in there because it is £20 cheaper than the Chaddy?

So there we have it, just by having a simple poll on here we have proved that the Rocky is wonderful and the Chaddy totally :censored:e !

I simply cannot wait to be ousted from my preferred seat in the Chaddy end along with the other half a dozen stubborn old gits and sample those fantastic amenities in the Rocky.

The question is, will there be enough room to accommodate us ? afterall, there currently must be at least 3 times as many punters in there as in the Chaddy end.

Oh hang on a minute ...

I don't think anyone is saying that the amenities are "fantastic" in the RRE, just better than in the Chaddy. I don't think anyone can argue with that can they?

I used to sit on half way in the lookers and 100 away fans singing in the RRE sounded louder than 1000 fans in the Chaddy. I think it's worth putting the singers from the Chaddy with the singers from the RRE so whatever noise they do make sounds louder.

It's not a magical solution that will see BP rocking every week, just makes the most out of what singing there is so it's worth a try in my opinion.

More people go in the RRE then the chaddy. The only people left in the chaddy is the "I was born in the chaddy it's my second home" go with the times we are not on terraces anymore your in inadequate stand with not beer, a pole in front of you and no atmosphere.

It's time to give it to away fans now no noise comes from their which means if won't help their team. I'm sick of seeing 300 Walsall (low supported clubs) out sing us. When we was all together in the chaddy we created a bit of noise. It it wasn't heard. If we all sit together in the RRE hopefully we do create the same noise

The rare times I do get to a game, I've gone in to the Chaddy End as that's where a mate of mine sits, but I've always wanted a beer as soon as I've entered the ground.

I think we should move to the RRE, at least until such time the Chaddy End is Redeveloped. The home fans should have the better stand and facilities.

Are the seats heated in the RRE or something? Is there a Gordon Ramsey restaurant for a half time pie? Do the toilets not stink?

All you hear is "better facilities" in the RRE. But as far as I'm aware, there are seats in both, toilets round the back of both, and you can buy a pie in both. But you can't get a pint in the Chaddy, though no one in the Chaddy is arsed about that. If we were, we'd buy a cheaper season ticket and go in the RRE.

The atmosphere argument is a load of crap. Firstly, rather than moaning about not being able to hear the Chaddy, the people in the RRE should concentrate on generating some noise themselves if that's all they are bothered about. Secondly, the reason you can't hear the Chaddy is because we aren't making any noise. Silence is silence no matter where in the ground it comes from.

And, if you want a good atmosphere in the ground, we're best off keeping away fans where we can hear them. If the Chaddy End is a vaccum, then we won't hear a peep from them in there and then the atmosphere will be flatter than before.

Keep it mostly as is I say. Just don't move home fans out of the RRE. That divider is there for a reason so we should use it.

More people go in the RRE then the chaddy. The only people left in the chaddy is the "I was born in the chaddy it's my second home" go with the times we are not on terraces anymore your in inadequate stand with not beer, a pole in front of you and no atmosphere.

It's time to give it to away fans now no noise comes from their which means if won't help their team. I'm sick of seeing 300 Walsall (low supported clubs) out sing us. When we was all together in the chaddy we created a bit of noise. It it wasn't heard. If we all sit together in the RRE hopefully we do create the same noise

Untrue. Plenty of us would go in the RRE if the wannabe hooligans weren't there.