Games in hand

Because I can see myself making this point repeatedly until May and it will be much easier just to refer back to something than writing them down again. Games in hand for the teams around us certainly don't look all that useful as a lot of them are either very tough games or also against teams around us, thus preventing both teams winning. Those games should (hopefully) be in italics. I've included anyone who is only 3 points above us, who we have still to play at BP and those look to be very big games.

There is a bit of me that has done this so I'm not tempted to say something negative about the side tonight as I promised myself to try and avoid this whenever possible

So the games in hand for the clubs around us from the bottom upwards

Shrewsbury

Colchester (a) 0 points

Tranmere

Crawley (a)

Stevenage

Wolves (h) 1 point

Carlisle

Sheff U (a) (tomorrow) 0 points

Crawley (a)

Colchester

Shrewsbury (h) 3 points

Crawley

Wolves (h) 3 points

Port Vale (a) 0 points

Brentford (a) 0 points

Tranmere (h)

Carlisle (h)

Coventry

Bradford (h) 1 point

I will try to fill the points gained when appropriate

Edited by rudemedic

Rude medic you need to get a life.

This is exactly the sort of thing I do, and I know.

Several weeks ago with 18 games left i decided we needed 18 points for safety I.e. 6 wins so I prioritised those games and the 6 most likely games to win I thought were

Bristol c

Notts co

Grilling ham

Crawley

Crewe a

Mk dons

Well we've got 4 points from those games and a bonus 4 from Swindon and tranmere away, so 8 from the nine I hoped for. It's not quite as bad as it seems then. However I saw us tonight and we were dire. That leaves us with wins from Crewe Crawley and Notts well I don't think that's likely

We need to nick some others

Ktf

Rude medic you need to get a life.

This is exactly the sort of thing I do, and I know.

Several weeks ago with 18 games left i decided we needed 18 points for safety I.e. 6 wins so I prioritised those games and the 6 most likely games to win I thought were

Bristol c

Notts co

Grilling ham

Crawley

Crewe a

Mk dons

Well we've got 4 points from those games and a bonus 4 from Swindon and tranmere away, so 8 from the nine I hoped for. It's not quite as bad as it seems then. However I saw us tonight and we were dire. That leaves us with wins from Crewe Crawley and Notts well I don't think that's likely

We need to nick some others

Ktf

Checks pulse- yep it's normal. I'm OK. :grin:

I was doing it to save myself time as I've seen a few posts since Saturday mentioning games in hand but it is fairly obvious having looked at the fixtures how hard a lot of those games will be, or how it would be impossible for both teams to win. This just stops me from having to keeping writing them out again when games in hand for our rivals is inevitably mentioned again.

Regardless of the opposition A game in hand is an opportunity to pick up points on us...you are talking about the probability of a team beating another....would someone like to take all the teams around us and replicate their form over the last 10 games and see where that leaves the table at close of season? I have a feeling that the 'probability' of us going down based on form is very high...

Team----played----points----points in last 6 league games

coventry - 35 - 41 - 4

bristol c - 36 - 41 - 13

crawley - 31 - 40 - 9

colchester - 34 - 40 - 4

oldham - 36 - 38 - 4

carlisle - 34 - 37 - 7

stevenage - 35 - 36 - 11

tranmere - 35 - 36 - 5

crewe - 36 - 36 - 5

shrewsbury - 35 - 33 - 6

notts county - 36 - 31 - 4

its okay saying the teams around us have difficult games in hand to play thats irrelevant we have a difficult run in, the next four games realistically may yield 4 points a draw at crewe and a win against crawley and thats being optimistic, brentford and orient are way out of our league anything out of those two will be a miracle in the same time frame the teams around us are all playing each other

carlisle v stevenage

crawley v colchester

tranmere v notts county

colchester v bristol city

gillingham v crewe

notts county v carlisle

carlisle v shrewsbury

coventry v stevenage

crewe v notts county

crewe v coventry

notts county v colchester

tranmere v carlisle

somebody will take points from these games whilst we are playing the likes of orient and brentford, the past 4 days has proved we cant compete with teams in the playoffs never mind those pushing for promotion so it appears without a massive change in fortune that we are up against it only notts county, colchester and coventry are on similar runs over the past 6 games with 4 points apiece and 4 points out of our next six games will see us relegated with games to play.

Edited by yarddog73