Where are you Mr Corney?

A deafening silence from you while the club disintegrates, I seem to remember you were quite vocal around this time last season.

Home performances are poor, support is dwindling and the future looks bleak, fans are more concerned about what's happening on the pitch rather than drip feeds about the new stand

Please can can we have a statement of intent from you?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly what do you want him to say: two months ago i thought we had one of the most promising managers in the league and gave him a long contract, it hasent changed in that short timescale to the point of sacking him. The ground is :censored: so we are building a new stand - if you want to know about it theres a blog. The statement of intent is the same as it was two months ago, same as the start of the season.

Honestly what do you want him to say: two months ago i thought we had one of the most promising managers in the league and gave him a long contract, it hasent changed in that short timescale to the point of sacking him. The ground is :censored: so we are building a new stand - if you want to know about it theres a blog. The statement of intent is the same as it was two months ago, same as the start of the season.

The situation isn't the same as it as 2 months ago, or the start of the season, things can spiral out of control quickly in football as we have seen.

He was very prominent during the Dickiov crisis last season and loss of support, so why not now ?

Edited by BP1960

The situation isn't the same as it as 2 months ago, or the start of the season, things can spiral out of control quickly in football as we have seen.

He was very prominent during the Dickiov crisis last season and loss of support, so why not now ?

Because he didn't stupidly give Dickov a four-and-a-half-year contract?

Because he didn't stupidly give Dickov a four-and-a-half-year contract?

I'm not against the long term contract, but to back it up the manager should have received adequate funding to buy (not loan) decent quality players suitable for this division in the transfer window.

Transfer fees and cup money were bonuses beyond the budget, so most of that should have been reinvested in the team not the new stand.

I'm not against the long term contract, but to back it up the manager should have received adequate funding to buy (not loan) decent quality players suitable for this division in the transfer window.

Transfer fees and cup money were bonuses beyond the budget, so most of that should have been reinvested in the team not the new stand.

That contract was :censored:ing lunacy for a manager who had proven nowt.

A deafening silence from you while the club disintegrates, I seem to remember you were quite vocal around this time last season.

Home performances are poor, support is dwindling and the future looks bleak, fans are more concerned about what's happening on the pitch rather than drip feeds about the new stand

Please can can we have a statement of intent from you?

Just becoming a parody now.

Same manager, same situation with the stand i.e its being built, what position did we stand in the league 2 months ago? how many points off the bottom 4?

not all that different really 2 months later is it.

You still having a moan like the rest of this message board? yep everything exactly the same as 2 months ago....and last year.....and the year before that .......and

The only thing Corney can do for us at this stage of the season is

1 - Sack the manager and bring in a new one who will no doubt prove to be no better

2 - Bring in yet more loan signing who will no doubt be :censored:.

It’s up to the players now it’s their living at the end of the day they should take responsibility and go and put a few performances together and keep us up.

The only thing Corney can do for us at this stage of the season is

1 - Sack the manager and bring in a new one who will no doubt prove to be no better

2 - Bring in yet more loan signing who will no doubt be :censored:.

Its up to the players now its their living at the end of the day they should take responsibility and go and put a few performances together and keep us up.

looks like the gaffer is going to choose option 2 with a couple of loan signings in before the weekend.

looks like the gaffer is going to choose option 2 with a couple of loan signings in before the weekend.

Woohoo more loan signings!

if he pulls a rabbit out of the hat then I will ofcourse laud Johnson but this ridiculous turnover of players is getting us knowhere. I know that's stating the obvious to most on here but until we address this we are going nowhere.

Edited by GlossopLatic

We have a "ridiculous turn over of loan players" because Corney is bleeding the club dry with his inefficient, short-sighted chairmanship, not least in selling our best players for damn all. He won't even explain himself to the town. He Is a poor decision-maker and dictatorial to boot. The Board is full of yes-men although I must say they seem incapable of making any public statment whatsoever or appear to realise that they represent the club, fans and town. It was scandalous the way Johnson had to explain the Tarkowski loan back - a purely legal matter and Corney and the CEO were responsible for the negotiations with Brentford - or should have been. What pedigree does the CEO have? What other clubs has he run? The chairman and chums have cost the club millions by their poor decisions - and still apparently he "loans" us money to keep us afloat. We should have been making a profit recently, a division 1 club, given the class players sold and the lucrative FA cup runs. What is wrong? It's time he cleared off after selling the club cheaply: £1 is to much after the way we have been dragged into the gutter. The ground is an embarrassing slum that we wouldn't have put up with in the 1950s. Why wasn't LJ given money for adequate replacements for the key men sold this season? Tarky should have been told he was staying until it suited us, certainly not be allowed to leave until he had fought to help us stave off relegation. Doubtless he will put another nail in our coffin when he plays against us shortly. We should be showing our displeasure about the chairman - not LJ! - and I can't see how even the most reactionary, bone-headed Oldhamer can have a good word to say for the man. The team appear to have been gutless last night and it's time Oldhamers started to show some backbone of their own. Whineing about LJ is wrong - when the finger points at the moon the idiot looks at the finger.

Thing is it's hard to blame Simon corney for not having many millions to blow on my football team or atleast keep hold of some our better players. It's not like he's in this to make money or atleast anyone with anything resembling grey matter can see that.

Although I would like to know what he's doing to find investment in the club.

Sorry meant upboat you but did the opposite