Crawley next week..

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and thats why attendences have doubled they have an unused transfer budget of £100 million + are still competing in the champions league year on year and have one of the best facilities in the world ask any arsenal fan where they would rather be and I would say 95% + would choose the emeriates your always going to get some stuck in the dark ages dinos its just that they appear to be the majority at bp.

Ask any Arsenal fan where they would be - At the Emirates with an unused transfer budget winning nothing, or back at Highbury winning stuff.

But anyway, well done. You've compared the possibility of Latics fans moving from one :censored:e 20 odd year old stand with no facilities to another, with one of the biggest clubs in the country moving stadium. It really is dead similar.

I could of used dozens of clubs who have moved grounds or updated what they have got of course we cant compare ourselves with arsenal but a move to a new ground could of helped our club kick on, arsenal inability to win trophies id down to the manager wanting to do things the right way im not going to question that, bach to our own situation I actually didnt say move from the chaddy to the main I said a move to the rre with away fans in the chaddy as for knocking the main stand down it should of happened 20 years ago the sooner it goes the better.

I could of used dozens of clubs who have moved grounds or updated what they have got of course we cant compare ourselves with arsenal but a move to a new ground could of helped our club kick on, arsenal inability to win trophies id down to the manager wanting to do things the right way im not going to question that, bach to our own situation I actually didnt say move from the chaddy to the main I said a move to the rre with away fans in the chaddy as for knocking the main stand down it should of happened 20 years ago the sooner it goes the better.

But we aren't talking about Latics moving ground or updating ground. Just the possibility of us moving from one 20 year old stand with no "facilities" to another 20 year old stand with no "facilities". Which is nothing like Arsenal, or any of the dozens of other clubs you could have used who have built a new ground or updated their old one.

I'm fine with moving if it saves the club money.

I'll tell you what'll save money. A lot more dollar than closing a stand to save on a bit of loose change and give a steward or two a day off. And thats turning the floodlights off ten minutes after a match instead of 3 hours later. Always bemuses me that one.

The rre is a better stand in my opinion and is on the balance of it the better of 3 :censored: options, think your looking too much into my comparison with arsenal but doesnt change the fact that the chaddy is a shed, no beer, restricted view in places and is generally a depressing place to view a football match from and the atmosphere reflects that.

The rre is a better stand in my opinion and is on the balance of it the better of 3 :censored: options, think your looking too much into my comparison with arsenal but doesnt change the fact that the chaddy is a shed, no beer, restricted view in places and is generally a depressing place to view a football match from and the atmosphere reflects that.

That's your view, but not the view of the people who go in there who clearly prefer it to the other 2 stands which they chose not to go in.

The rre is a better stand in my opinion and is on the balance of it the better of 3 :censored: options.

McDonalds is better than KFC and Nando's in my opinion but I wouldn't feed any of the 3 to a dog if I had one.

Luckily for the imaginary dog he wouldn't have a lifetime of allegiance to any of the said fast food establishments.

Eating somewhere decent isn't an option, we may aswell close one of the so called restaurants.

(I've been on the lash since 4 and fully realise this is a terrible analogy)

Edited by HarryBosch

McDonalds is better than KFC and Nando's in my opinion but I wouldn't feed any of the 3 to a dog if I had one.

Luckily for the imaginary dog he wouldn't have a lifetime of allegiance to any of the said fast food establishments.

Eating somewhere decent isn't an option, we may aswell close one of the so called restaurants.

(I've been on the lash since 4 and fully realise this is a terrible analogy)

You wouldn't feed it Nandos? But what about the "facilities" in there? You can buy beer in there.

You wouldn't feed it Nandos? But what about the "facilities" in there? You can buy beer in there.

I'd reluctantly go in Nando's until McDonalds started serving beer.

Or until they built a fourth restaurant where you could watch from the side, where you could get beer and blowjobs, Bundesliga style. Then I'd go in there.

This topic has gone well off course,moving ground,KFC,macds ect,Fact is the club know which is our best stand,but want to move us into a :censored:ing :censored: tip the chaddyend,instead of putting people's backs up,leave us in the rre,improve matters on the pitch,then you might get some noise,this club is mind numbing at times

This topic has gone well off course,moving ground,KFC,macds ect,Fact is the club know which is our best stand,but want to move us into a :censored:ing :censored: tip the chaddyend,instead of putting people's backs up,leave us in the rre,improve matters on the pitch,then you might get some noise,this club is mind numbing at times

IF the 'acoustics' are so good why can I never hear the RRE?

But for some of us who got dragged in the Chaddy at age 13 by older lads on our estate it will always be the home end......

In terms of simply improving the atmosphere, combining two stands worth of fans into one will always see improvements. However a lot of fans would like to see this one stand be the RRE. I think it's worth another trial.

As an old sales manager of mine often said, "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what always got". To be fair, he was a complete :censored: generally, but I'll give him this one thing...

But for some of us who got dragged in the Chaddy at age 13 by older lads on our estate it will always be the home end......

true bud,but after the early nineties,things change,an I jumped at the chance when they let home fans in the rre,better view etc..

Actually, just had a look at that poll.

158 votes.

The home support against Rotherham was ridiculously low, something like 2600 home fans? So that vote would represent slighlty over 6% of that gate. Then factor in the amount of people who voted who don't even go to games, that would drop further.

I don't think the views of 6% of fans (and that is being very generous) represents what the fans want.

Democracy isn't as good when it kicks you up the arse.

A couple of musings from me.

1. The RRE has a better camber and no pillars. From a purely viewing perspective it's the best stand we have.

2. If the club wanted to serve beer in the Chaddy they could apply for a licence that would almost certainly be granted.

3. While an owtb poll could be rigged, and the owtb user base may not be wholly representative of the match day attendee, I doubt very much that the poll has been rigged and I can't think of a better representative sample of Latics fans than this place (other than asking people the question as they enter the ground).

4. UK electoral opinion polls tend to ask the views of 1,000 people out of 50 million voters. And they are usually accurate to within 5%. The poll on here attracted around 5% of the matchday home crowd so could be reasonably argued to be substantial enough. It's certainly 2,500 times "stronger" than a pre-election poll when based on sample size alone.

5. Any "disturbance" of the fan base runs the risk of alienating fans unless well managed. The club isn't good at this sort of thing and has a recent history of pissing people off to the point that rather than move stand they'd rather just not bother.

6. The police and the council, as licensing authority, have a big say in who can sit where. So away fans in the Chaddy may not be a starter anyway.

7. The new stand makes changes happening very likely. I hope the club kept that list of Lookers Stand refugees and fulfils the promises made ...

The Crawley game should have been a reduced price ticket match, not a reduced attendance match

Oh, but twitter will disappear under a chavalanche of "JOKE CLUB!!!111!" tweets and it'll be the moan-du-jour for those who have already paid for a season ticket.

Selfish fans are ruining the club as much as the misdirection of the board room.