Crawley next week..

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a very very hard game they are 8 points off the play offs with 4 games in hand. They area going for it

Also two dangerous strikers Billy Clarke and Matt Tubbs.

Edited by BP1960

Going to be a very hard game. Many tipped them to go down as they had so many games to play, mostly 2 a week, but, after their enforced break, they've come back refreshed and found some form, bad news for us and everyone around us.

It really is a must win for us. If we don't win, I fear for us, I really do.

I'd go with this team...

Rachubka

Brown Wilson Lockwood Grounds

Kissock Wesolowski Byrom Harkins

Turner JCH

Turner and Kissock are a must start for me, if Kissock is fit that is. Turner and MacDonald could also be an option but i'd like to see if Turner can link up with Clarke-Harris up front, might be our saving grace.

Isn't the time to be dicking about with the team, but I'll give anything a try now - used 39 players and may even use our 40th if the new lad plays on Saturday.

1,589 crowd at FC United, not bad for a non league night match, they will be out supporting us soon.

Singing for 90 minutes with everyone in one stand. Some fans from OIympiakos turned up too, great atmosphere.

Attendance of 2,100 Saturday gone.

Edit: Bilbao fans apparently, not Olympiakos.

Singing for 90 minutes with everyone in one stand. Some fans from OIympiakos turned up too, great atmosphere.

Attendance of 2,100 Saturday gone.

So the powers that be might be right in packing fans into the Chaddy End v Crawley?

Edited by BP1960

What's not been mentioned, or lost, in all of this is that there are probably people in the Chaddy End who have never sat anywhere else to watch Latics, ever. That's quite special.

Us in the RRE are nomads anyway, however, some of the younger lot (who actually do the singing) consider that the home end as to them it's akin to what the top left corner of the Chaddy was to me as a kid.

That said, they should respect the wishes of their elders :grin:

Some say these fans are our future so should be looked after but, they're also the most likely to stop going in the next five to ten years due to life getting in the way.

Can see some handbags of people sitting in regulars seats!

If it has a sticker on then it's reserved. :)

I don't understand the fuss, the RRE has been shut many times over the last few years so the fans in there are used to moving. On the other hand the club should know the result of their experiment anyway.

I would trial it next season and make a final decision when the new stand opens. RRE end for home fans, with small section as family stand and Chaddy for away fans.

If the atmosphere is better we stick, if there is no appreciable difference we can revert back.

RREnders have been moved regularly over the last few seasons so a Chaddy move until the new stand is up and running to test the water is no big deal surely!

So now the Club decide it is purely optional! Piss Up and Brewery come to mind!

Damned if they do, damned if they don't!

What was considered, and moaned about, as a "forced move" has now become an optional one, with the reverse option for the Brentford game.

What the club is saying is, that the fans can decide for themselves and if there is no uptake during the two matches, then the topic of switching the Chaddy to the away-fans section is not going to happen. End of.

Of course, the fact that they listened to the reaction of the fans and changed things appropriately, is still a reason for some people to have a good old moan about the club. Having a poll on OWTB, where 161 fans have voted, is not representative of the whole fan-base, so the club is right to do what it is doing.

As fans, we do not yet know what league the Latics will be in next season and we do not know what impact the eventual new stand will have on where people choose to sit.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't!

What was considered, and moaned about, as a "forced move" has now become an optional one, with the reverse option for the Brentford game.

What the club is saying is, that the fans can decide for themselves and if there is no uptake during the two matches, then the topic of switching the Chaddy to the away-fans section is not going to happen. End of.

Of course, the fact that they listened to the reaction of the fans and changed things appropriately, is still a reason for some people to have a good old moan about the club. Having a poll on OWTB, where 161 fans have voted, is not representative of the whole fan-base, so the club is right to do what it is doing.

As fans, we do not yet know what league the Latics will be in next season and we do not know what impact the eventual new stand will have on where people choose to sit.

When the new stand is up will the Chaddy and RRE be pay on the day only (or tickets in advance for big games) with no season tickets seats allocated to them?