Mike Keegan's Tweet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't Corney always said he'll step aside if we got relegated...

He said it last year, I wouldn't blame him to be honest.

We'll be :censored:ed if we're fan owned though, although, we wouldn't be turning down 'low offers' for the club.

I spy a certain Mr Koukash's renewed interest if Corney goes, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hmmmm.

Hand over to the fans? How? Via the Trust?

How much is exactly in the Trust accounts these days? Surely not enough to fund the club for any concerted amount of time?

If true, if it's handed over to the fans - that would surely be the signal for a couple of months running; then onto admin, then liquidation and a new phoenix club AFC Oldham 2014 or something forming and starting from the bottom? Surely?

I can't see how we as fans could keep the club, albeit in League Two going for anything longer than a few months?

Corney does it again though eh? Ahead of a crucial 'must win' game - nothing like adding the general air of despondency is there?

Edited by slystallone

Well people have been complain about the lack of statements from corney.....if the club comes into the hands of the fans I fear the worst.

We MUST stay up get this stand built and if corneys heart is no longer in it (I wouldn't blame him with the abuse he receives) lets hope someone wants us.

Hmmmm.

Hand over to the fans? How? Via the Trust?

How much is exactly in the Trust accounts these days? Surely not enough to fund the club for any concerted amount of time?

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04989487/OLDHAM-ATHLETIC-2004-ASSOCIATION-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED

Shows the cash the club had by end of 2011 & we've had two cup runs since then...

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06035165/OLDHAM-ATHLETIC-COMMUNITY-TRUST

Don't know if this is for the trust or not though..

Keyboard warriors? He couldnt be talking about some of the know it alls on here could he?

Relegation is one thing but if we lose Corney and the club is left to the fans/trust then basically we are :censored:ed! But at least Corney will be gone eh? Eh? Oh :censored:.....

Edited by palmer1

This is not the first time Simon has made an emotive statement to the press threatening to walk away.

Clearly he's pissed off at firstly some of the performances and secondly some of the comedians on here who actually think he's in this to make money.

No doubt this :censored: storm will blow over and he will still be here next season.